HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
595 Posts
Discussion
OSD Pro outputing blinking video display

I just hook up the eLogger v3 + OSD Pro with GPS and a GoPro2.
FW and SW are all updated and recorder info capture rate (if this is a concern) is set at 10 per sec.

What puzzled me was the display on the screen is switching at a constant freq. It blinks bet blue screen, blank, then OSD, blank, OSD again, and the cycle goes..

From this point, I hook the gopro output directly to the monitor and it was fine totally. I plug them back into the Vid In of the OSD Pro and test the output of the Vid Out without going through the IRC VTx, and indeed the video is blinking as above.

I recorded the blinking and setup here:
Eagle Trees OSD Pro blinking problem (0 min 40 sec)

Is there something not right? Where?
prodriverex is offline Find More Posts by prodriverex
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:02 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
595 Posts
Could it be the different grounding of GP2 internal batt (which is tied to Vid & Audio source) and OSD Pro ground?
If I want to run the power source on GP2 externally say with an appropriate connector (i got one from Kristapis RCCC), what should be the voltage to run GP2?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:58 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
595 Posts
Ok i read about the 5V cable plugged into the USB port of the eLogger so as not to experience the momentarily shut off of OSD Pro if one is not connecting any input with the receiver channel.

Since I'm on WKM and an Octo, all available channels are used up on one Rx (8 of them) thus leaving no room for a 5V in from Rx.

Am kind of goggy this morning and parallel another input futaba connector direct from the PDB of the 6S.. And you know the result.. I fried something without any trace. LED just did not light up on the v3 anymore.. Damn..

Got another spare v3 but without the connectors.. gonna switch them.. and have the 6S go thru a BEC instead..
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
595 Posts
Solved, but busted also. Have to provide the 5V into v3. No more blinking. Then went back to my room to grab my phone and wanted to take a shot and came out seeing a burned out BEC which I just installed. Its a small BEC with about 6V output.. it burned out! Why? How much amp is the v3 consuming? Now the 2nd V3 is down also.. damn..
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:15 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
595 Posts
Hi Billpa,

I like to attempt repairing the 2 blown eLogger v3.
Here are the pictures of the 2.

Interestingly, the 1st blown one with Deans connector on it does not seem to have any component on the L5 position, or was it evaporated while I accidentally connect 6S into the USB pins?

The 2nd eLogger encountered a burned BEC, causing a short and burned L5.

May I know what is the current drawn for the eLogger if no channels connected to my Rx? I need to get a suitable power BEC. And what is the value of L5?

Thank you.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 04:52 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
595 Posts
Ok I woke up now.. I eralised the burning issue.. The BEC is not suppose to take in 6S.. again another stupid mistake..