HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2004, 07:19 PM
Bought at a price.
Winfield, Kansas, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,570 Posts
New Years Day "Freeze Fly" at the local club.

I went to the annual "Freeze Fly" on New Years day.

There were only two electrics there. A GWS E-Starter (I think) and my E-Zipper MkII with a 16/15/4.

I think that the guys were impressed when I whipped it into the air and managed to keep up the slimers & even pass a few. And the difference in the sound! A four stroke slimer would go by followed by a glow slimer and then me with the Mega screaming at some ridiculous rpm doing a good impersonation of a Formula 1 car. People came by after to see how that could be done with an electric.

There were a couple more things that made me glad that I flew an EPP wing. When I saw two guys carring back what was left of a balsa plane after a crash in a Wal-Mart bag. And while they cleaned the slime off of their slimers, I threw my wing in my car & drove off.

Any body else have a New Years day flight experience?
777 is offline Find More Posts by 777
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2004, 08:40 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=184363

Here's a link to the fly in a few of us went to on New Years day. We had a great time!!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims