HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Help!
HBX Xmissile wierd noise

Hi,

I bought a used HBX Xmissile and it ran great. One day when I was out driving, it got stuck on something and stopped moving. I heard the motor make noise, but the car couldn't move.

It now runs after a new mothergear (the big gear after the motor pinion?) and I tightened the motor (I can fit a piece of paper between the gears).

But there is still one problem: It sometimes makes this nasty noise when accelerating (grinding/screeching noise) and when I go back/forth quickly it makes a clicking/grinding noise.

Sorry if I misspelled something.

Please help me

Ps. Set the last thread to discussion, it has been closed.
eligri is offline Find More Posts by eligri
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:11 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
The big gear is known as a spur gear, was the old one damaged? Can you wobble it around at all? It sounds like another gear (possibly in one of the differentials) is damaged, or the bearing/bushing supporting one is worn.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
I can wobble the spur gear alittle, is that bad? The old gear was quite worn down, but it is now replaced. The spur gear is plastic and the pinion is metal.

Is there any easy way to check if the differentials are damaged without ripping them apart?

Kinda new to rc:ing, so opening stuff upp takes lots of time

Thanks for replying!
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:13 PM
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Also, the wooble isn't because it's bent, it's because the spur gear is alittle loose (actually its the rod going from fwd to the bwd thats loose).
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:42 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
Does it slide in/out, or can it slide closer or further from the pinion gear (gear on the motor)?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
I think it only wobbles (not back-->forth, side-->side)