Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by kodak_jack, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,676 Posts
Discussion
Dee Plane, Dee Plane

I decided I really didn't like a quad, although that is where a LOT of activity has migrated over the last year or so. I saw a coax forum member trying to sell a bunch of stuff and asked if he was interested in a quad for his P-51 Mustang. It arrived yesterday and it will be my first 4-channel plane. It has some neat stuff like blinking tail light and wing tip LED's controlled by the transmitter. He sent some videos of him flying it:

UM P-51 Mustang fast flights with the spitfire 4 blade props.avi (8 min 52 sec)

UM P51 Mustang with Spitfire prop and 260mah lipo.avi (0 min 0 sec)

Parkzone p 51 Mustang lights + more (2 min 18 sec)

He also did a few mods:
MODS:

Modifications include:
Spitfire prop and spinner (prop required a mod of its own to fit, I had to drill it out and add a plantranco prop adapter to make it fit)
Inside battery mount, covered over the external battery mount.
magnetic hatch to open it up
plastic servo gear protector
Ailerons set for max throw
SMD 0603 leds added, and a flashing unit for the tail light
remote switch made out of an old servo (lights on/off)
reinforced nose (3 tooth picks)
260mah 1s 35-70c lipo (15mins+ in the air)

Being that it's still March in good ol' Rottenchester, it may be a while before I actually get it outside and in the air.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts