SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Pat Lynch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:41 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,963 Posts
Discussion
A Big Move.....

Well, my time at this house has come to an end! After a lot of soul searching and seemingly endless discussion and planning, Liz and I decided to move to a larger town - closer to medical facilities, better shopping and, most importantly, more space. So, we planned an orderly, slow moving process - preparing our home for sale (doing all those little chores that I'd meant to do years ago) and more painfully, packing up and storing all the models and dismantling my rather too small workshop. What a task! Didn't realise just how much 'stuff' it takes to keep this model building lark going But a structured sort, pack and move has given me lots of ideas about a new shop next time (hopefully the last time). So all building has stopped although I've kept out a small model boat kit just in case a bit of therapeutic fettling is needed

Obviously my nearly finished Heinkel, newly started Lysander and the "all the bits are in the box" Anson are very much on hold.....

Enough prattle and back to the boxes and crates.......

Pat
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A Small Diversion From Annie
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2013, 06:46 AM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,963 Posts
Moved!

After several months of packing, negotiating, selling, buying, unpacking, sorting, swearing etc, Liz and I have finally 'settled' in our old house in a nearby town and looking forward to re-establishing ourselves. More space, much cheaper living and the promise of a bigger dedicated workshop have kept me going!
A somewhat off-topic thread at: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847579

has described roughly what has happened. It'll be a while before 'full production' modelling again but I am certainly looking forward to it

My big Spad, the nearly completed He-111,and a Lysander are all eagerly waiting completion. In the wings are the big Anson plus the promise of my first Aerodromerc 1/6 Sopwith Camel - both I hope to get into in the next few months.

Meanwhile, a tiny Peter Rake Moska is keeping me cutting balsa and gluing my fingers together! It is described in a minimal fashion at: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1969505

Meanwhile, a large 'kit' steel workshop has been purchased and will be erected when the weather permits a concrete slab to be poured.

Pat
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A Small Diversion From Annie