SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:14 AM
United States, UT, Lindon
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
Hospital billing is a farce. Normally speaking though once the insurance company pays the bill the hospitals adjust it to zero. If they are trying to charge you for something I would fight it. I would say that some of their business practices should fall under anti-trust. They should have some price controls just like utilities do.

If they are going to charge you $250 for a $1 pain pill why don't they charge you $1,000,000 for it? I think that part of the reason that they send you that inflated bill is just see if you will pay it. If other types of business operated that way they would go out of business. The reasons that hospitals don't for doing that is the same reason that it should be addressed by local, state, or federal government. There is no reason that it can't be addressed under existing laws. We shouldn't have to blow up our healthcare system because of THAT problem.
Well I don't understand how you would fight it.
When I went to be admitted, I was asked for $500 in cash, or a Credit Card to be admitted. And had to sign a paper that stated "I would be libable, and pay for all procedures and billings. Regardless of insurance payments."
Kind of sounded cut and dried to me.
John35 is offline Find More Posts by John35
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:19 AM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John35 View Post
Well I don't understand how you would fight it.
When I went to be admitted, I was asked for $500 in cash, or a Credit Card to be admitted. And had to sign a paper that stated "I would be libable, and pay for all procedures and billings. Regardless of insurance payments."
Kind of sounded cut and dried to me.
Forcing you to sign something under duress, in and of itself is a reason to have that agreement thrown out. Somethings go on simply until somebody challenges it. I am not blaming you for maybe wanting that someone to be somebody else. I pay things here and there simply because it is easier than fighting it.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:24 PM
United States, UT, Lindon
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
Forcing you to sign something under duress, in and of itself is a reason to have that agreement thrown out. Somethings go on simply until somebody challenges it. I am not blaming you for maybe wanting that someone to be somebody else. I pay things here and there simply because it is easier than fighting it.
I wasn't under duress, it was a procedure. I could have gone else where. But this was the closest hospital to me, only 90 miles away. Another 70 miles down the road were 2 others. Might have gotten a better deal. But, would have to found another doctor.
And yes fighting is usually not the answer. Lawyer fees usually get higher than the bill.
John35 is offline Find More Posts by John35
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:23 AM
That Free Gas Weirdo Huh ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,551 Posts
I'll bet the staff at the VA Hospital is thrilled at the fact that they are able to help vets without all the above. I would be and would prefer to work for the VA over other hospitals. Not much of that unnecessary surgery either.
One big salute to the VA.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop