Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:05 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
Excellent. I wont tell you that you need to change to my system and id appreciate the same in return. Now if we could just get ET off our backs.
I'm really sorry man - I honestly hadn't appreciated how YOU joining MY thread would translate to ME getting on YOUR back
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:07 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
You know that will never happen. We need him to keep on telling us how bad that the U.S. is.
Check out my OP Mike

This is a thread about HOW GOOD the UK is

No mention of the US being bad that I can find
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:43 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
So the majority do get care, like his, according to your own argument.

You're willing to harm the health care of the majority to benefit who you value more?
lol!

Right wing morals = 45% of people not getting proper healthcare because they can't afford is just fne

regards
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:15 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
I don't know what kind of care you get, but it would be very hard to beat what we get with our family Dr. And, I'm not rich by any account. If I want to see my Dr. I can usually see him the same day. And, I usually arrive a bit early for my appointment, and many times I'm in my car on the way home at the time my appointment was scheduled for.
Me bad .
It would have been fairer to say that an American would have to be either rich or married to a family doctor to recieve the level of service I get.
mortato is offline Find More Posts by mortato
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:18 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
And I told you about my step son who gets very good medical care, no money no insurance. And, until I met his mother she was a Democrat. I don't think he has ever voted. He for darn sure ain't rich. And, I am not either. We have enough but that's about all. You DON'T HAVE TO BE RICH IN The U.S. TO GET GOOD MEDICAL CARE. Please keep up.
Does that make the US system in practise much like the UK system. People who can afford to pay for it do so. People who can't afford to pay for it get treatment anyway?
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:24 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
Does that make the US system in practise much like the UK system. People who can afford to pay for it do so. People who can't afford to pay for it get treatment anyway?
good point
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:28 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
To understand why us Brits are so protective of our NHS it might help to read up on the beginings of it. It came out of WW2. A time when the nation was united and it wasn't about who was rich or poor or paying tax or being paid out of taxation (fighting Rommel in North Africa for example). War is a great leveller when it comes to evaluating people's worth in a society.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:57 AM
Borders, language & culture
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
I'm really sorry man - I honestly hadn't appreciated how YOU joining MY thread would translate to ME getting on YOUR back
You trashed good responsible Americans in your op dude.
AintQytRite is online now Find More Posts by AintQytRite
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:11 AM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
I don't know anything about the U.K. system. All I know is what kind of care my step son gets. He sees a Dr. from the Houston Medical Center which is about as good as it gets any place in the world. He doesn't have insurance, and he has no money, but, yes, he gets very good care.There is one disadvantage, we have to drive farther to get to his Drs. than his mother and I have to go to get to our providers. Our Drs. are only about five miles from where we live. His daughter is handicapped, has Cerebral Palsy. She can't work, doesn't have insurance, and she also gets good medical care, including dental. It seems like most of the bad that is posted about medical care in the U.S. is posted by the far left. And, it seems that they have an agenda, to let the Govt. take control of just about every part of our lives. I don't think you will see many conservatives posting how bad the care we have available here in the U.S.
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:17 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
So - all you Obamacare haters, how does that stack up against your expensive insurance jobbies ?
Quote:
Really? Questioning Obamacare haters is trashing good responsible Americans?

Me thinks thou doth protest too much. So you know where the OP statement is coming from here's a chart re comparitive costs between the US and the rest of us:
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Last edited by Sport Flyer; Mar 09, 2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: adding chart
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:16 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,544 Posts
Quote:
I don't know anything about the U.K. system. All I know is what kind of care my step son gets. He sees a Dr. from the Houston Medical Center which is about as good as it gets any place in the world. He doesn't have insurance, and he has no money, but, yes, he gets very good care.There is one disadvantage, we have to drive farther to get to his Drs. than his mother and I have to go to get to our providers. Our Drs. are only about five miles from where we live. His daughter is handicapped, has Cerebral Palsy. She can't work, doesn't have insurance, and she also gets good medical care, including dental. It seems like most of the bad that is posted about medical care in the U.S. is posted by the far left. And, it seems that they have an agenda, to let the Govt. take control of just about every part of our lives. I don't think you will see many conservatives posting how bad the care we have available here in the U.S.
So, in essence, what you are saying is that you have family members who get very good healthcare, paid for by the taxes of American citizens and provided by the state, because they cannot afford to pay health insurance, yet you are simultaneously decrying the involvement of Government in the process?

If it was not for that state provided healthcare what would those family members do?
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:18 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Twaddle

Read it again - concentrate for a while and get back to me with why you think that

I'm more than happy to parley with you, but you have to stop getting a big fat five when you add 2+2
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
lol!

Right wing morals = 45% of people not getting proper healthcare because they can't afford is just fne

regards
Left wing morals = hurting 55% to favor 45% they favor on the basis of their own feelings.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:24 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Left wing morals = hurting 55% to favor 45% they favor on the basis of their own feelings.
Without compassion for the most vulnerable in your society you have nothing
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:32 AM
Borders, language & culture
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Obama haters translates to productive high information voters supporting loosers.
AintQytRite is online now Find More Posts by AintQytRite