HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
Discussion
Non Existant EagleTree Support!

I have sent support tickets, posted videos, config files and still can't get any support from EagleTree. I own a ton of EagleTree stuff and have gotten little or NO support from EagleTree.

If you call them you hear the message about "limited support" on M W and F. Well so far I can't get them to answer the phone on ANY DAY!

I've never seen a company as scared of their customers as EagleTree. If all you want to do is take my $$$$ and provide ZERO support than I think you may very well be in for a dose of business reality.

Pitiful!

Fred Herrmann
ftherrmann is offline Find More Posts by ftherrmann
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:01 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2006
46 Posts
I'm afraid that Fred is right...
Butthead is offline Find More Posts by Butthead
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:29 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Butthead, sorry you Guardian forum post was not answered immediately. You proposed a new feature, and that feature needed to be discussed by engineering here. That takes more than a few hours to arrange. Are your issues resolved now?

fherrmann, sorry (again) that you're not happy with us. I'll just repeat here what I said on the other threads you've posted today, for completeness. I hope that we can get your issues sorted out and make you a happy ET customer.

You posted an OSD RTH related issue here on the 4th, I requested additional information on the 5th, you posted more information the afternoon of the 5th, and I reviewed your data and responded today indicating the problem appears to me to be due to turning off your PPM radio in-flight. RTH issues are quite often not easy to debug, and nearly impossible to do over the phone, due to the expertise and data required to debug them.

Re support in general, we have a way to go to reach perfection, I agree. We're increasing our support staff in April, which should greatly reduce lead time for the more complex issues.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:41 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2006
46 Posts
Quote:
Butthead, sorry you Guardian forum post was not answered immediately. You proposed a new feature, and that feature needed to be discussed by engineering here. That takes more than a few hours to arrange. Are your issues resolved now?
Billpa,

Thank you for the feedback, but it was not a few hours. Rather, it was a day and a half on the other thread, as well as fruitless attempts at direct contact over the phone, which cannot be exposed here. The direct email route takes about 3 days, in my experience.

That said, at least there was a response and I am glad that you acknowledge the fact that the support standards do have to improve quite a bit for Eagle Tree's customer service to reach a level compatible with its very nice products.

I didn't exactly have "issues". The response on the other thread as OK - not what I'd wanted to hear, but potentially an improvement from what is available now. I believe that, should the hardware allow for it, having a switch for on/off and another for the 3 modes would be better. It might also even work better for lesser radios without three-position switches.
Butthead is offline Find More Posts by Butthead
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:08 PM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
Billpa,

Like BH said: You have good products but your support stinks! I'm an engineer albeit not one with a degree in control theory. I did have specific questions concerning the interaction of the guardian stabil and OSD RTH which could have been answered in a matter of minutes over the phone. Instead I end up spending hours working out the Rosetta stone of RTH.

I don't expect you to hold my hand through the entire "complex" setup of RTH. However sometimes a little clarification over the phone concerning cryptic and less than obvious documentation would certainly make life easier for the end user/customer.

Fred Herrmann

PS: I don't bite so there's nothing to be afraid of by answering your phone.
ftherrmann is offline Find More Posts by ftherrmann
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Guys, understood, and I really appreciate your business and the feedback. What I think I'm hearing loudest is "you need to expand phone support." During early spring in particular, as weather breaks, all modes of our support does have a longer backlog, and phone gets hit the hardest. We do have new staff coming in April which I will help with all aspects.

Note that during our present phone support hours the phone is rarely idle, so fear has a very limited role.

Butthead, I'll follow up with you on the Guardian thread.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor