HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MassiveOverkill, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:09 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Discussion
Fixing those loose battery connections in your transmitter

It's obvious that not all batteries are created equal, but sometimes their dimensions, most importantly length can cause problems as the battery won't make proper contact because it's too short. I've noticed the problem more prevalent on rechargeable batteries.

Stretching the springs doesn't always work because the battery stop on the transmitter prevents the postive (+) terminal from reaching the flat plate. To fix this you need to pry the plate out a bit.

Here's a stock battery plate:

Simply insert a screwdriver or better yet I'm using some pointy scissors:

Do the twist:

And the final result:

If your quad is falling out of the sky do to momentary battery connection problems, this is the first thing you should check.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:25 AM
United States, MD, Havre De Grace
Joined Dec 2009
335 Posts
Great advice. Almost all the RTF TX's suffer from "inferior contact syndrome". Short of a rechargeable battery mod, this is the best bet. Also some thin cheap foam can be attached to the inside back battery cover to kill the slop of some causing the double A's from having intermittent contact.
gamjamm is offline Find More Posts by gamjamm