HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

500-size MD500e from RC Aerodyne

Check out this funcopter build!

Splash

Scale Build with Helpful Workarounds

From RCGroups.com user Bearpilot 10:

Hi guys, this is my first attempt at sort of scale. Having never done this before, I will give you a run down on what I encountered.

To start, when I unpacked the fuselage I found that the tail was severely cracked and one of the landing struts was wrong. That situation has been resolved thanks to CRMODELS for providing the correct phone number.

I wasn't going to let that stop me. I started with all the wood they provided, what a chore. I finally got the mechanics positioned correctly, after redoing them about 3 times. I did epoxy and wrap the standoffs with some dryer sheet for added strength (thanks CR). The next thing was painting the windows, that went smoothly.

Mounting the mechanics was a buggar, seems I would get it set thinking I was ready to go BUT NO, the tail shaft was off, went about this about 4 times and finally got it right.