HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:48 PM
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
270 Posts
Alert
Refurbished Power Lab 8 Available

I got a message from Revolectrics, notifying customers that they have refurbished Power Lab 8 chargers available. $169.95

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...ratch-and-Dent

Greg
OldRookie is offline Find More Posts by OldRookie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:14 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
I saw that. Too bad I'm kind of OCD when it comes to having stuff in good shape. Little afraid of how it will look cosmetically. Also sounds like you might get a v1 that's been upgrade to a v2.

Also they are already out of stock so you are kind of late posting this
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:40 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,474 Posts
I contemplated one last night but after I added a single balance board, the FUIM3 USB interface and shipping, the total was over $230. An additional ~$120 I could get a brand new 4010Duo so I opted out.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:40 PM
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
270 Posts
They were still in stock when I posted this at noon on 3/5/13.

Greg
OldRookie is offline Find More Posts by OldRookie
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:54 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
I contemplated one last night but after I added a single balance board, the FUIM3 USB interface and shipping, the total was over $230. An additional ~$120 I could get a brand new 4010Duo so I opted out.
Hmmmm..... The 4010Duo is $349. You can get two of the refurbished PL8's for $339. I guess you have to decide for yourself which you would rather have. I'd take the PL8's. Of course, I already have the USB interface and can get Paraboards for $20 or so.
still4given is offline Find More Posts by still4given
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:03 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,474 Posts
The kicker was that shipping for a single PL8 was ~$35. Also, the refurb units came with no balance boards. This adds another ~$12 minimum per charger. A single 4010Duo would thus be substantially cheaper than two refurb PL8's.

Of course, the two PL8's has the benefit of being able to operate from separate circuits. This could be very significant for those who charge 6S packs and have standard 15A circuits.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:31 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2006
46 Posts
Will the refurbs lead to foreign purchase fees? If one buys new items directly from the Revo website, one has to pay these pesky fees on the credit card...
Butthead is offline Find More Posts by Butthead
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:38 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
Will the refurbs lead to foreign purchase fees? If one buys new items directly from the Revo website, one has to pay these pesky fees on the credit card...
These were offered on the Revo USA website so not sure. I use my Chase credit card for HobbyKing purchases all the time and I've never been hit with a foreign purchase fee regardless of the warning that PayPal gives me about using it.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:26 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
The kicker was that shipping for a single PL8 was ~$35. Also, the refurb units came with no balance boards. This adds another ~$12 minimum per charger. A single 4010Duo would thus be substantially cheaper than two refurb PL8's.

Of course, the two PL8's has the benefit of being able to operate from separate circuits. This could be very significant for those who charge 6S packs and have standard 15A circuits.
You have to pay shipping on a 4010 too. I would imagine that there would be a combined shipping discount if you bought two PL8's. The balance board that comes with the PL8 was of no use to me anyway because it only works with the Revo packs and I don't use them. I use my paraboard for the balance plug even if I am only charging one pack. Two PL8's can be linked to operate as one unit and like you said, they can be used with two separate power supplies so two separate power circuits can be utilized. Powering the 4010 at max requires more than a single 120V 15A circuit can handle.

Anyway, lots of choices. Of course, if someone is Jonesing for a 4010, this may be a way to justify the purchase.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:16 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
still4given from both EPBuddy and ProgressiveRC the shipping would be free on an iCharger 4010.

And from EPBuddy you'll probably get two free paraboards. I say probably because his site says "Order the first batch..." which has already come and gone. We'll see if he still offers that when his new shipment comes in. Looks like for the 310b he now just offers a balance board instead of the full paraboard he used to. My guess is his latest gen "safe" paraboard is too expensive to give away.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:26 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
still4given from both EPBuddy and ProgressiveRC the shipping would be free on an iCharger 4010.

And from EPBuddy you'll probably get two free paraboards. I say probably because his site says "Order the first batch..." which has already come and gone. We'll see if he still offers that when his new shipment comes in. Looks like for the 310b he now just offers a balance board instead of the full paraboard he used to. My guess is his latest gen "safe" paraboard is too expensive to give away.
I wasn't aware that EP Buddy shipped for free. I have ordered stuff from them and was charged shipping. I just looked at their website and don't see an add for free shipping. Maybe I don't know where to look.

I did just see on ProgressiveRC that shipping is free for orders over $75.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:52 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by still4given View Post
I wasn't aware that EP Buddy shipped for free. I have ordered stuff from them and was charged shipping. I just looked at their website and don't see an add for free shipping. Maybe I don't know where to look.

I did just see on ProgressiveRC that shipping is free for orders over $75.
Go to the Shipping/Rates link on the bottom of the site, over $100 ships free.

Also I just noticed on the new site the eCart system is the same one ProgressiveRC uses.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:58 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by still4given View Post
I was talking with Dale about a month ago about the new web site and free shipping over $100 was something he was going to add with the site chnge.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:53 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I was talking with Dale about a month ago about the new web site and free shipping over $100 was something he was going to add with the site chnge.
Wonder what it used to be then. I know I didn't pay shipping when I ordered my iCharger 306b. It might have just been on the big ticket items instead of a fixed dollar value.