HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:48 AM
crash test dummy
United States, CA, La Mesa
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
Help!
Lost

Lost my flying wing out at Blossom Valley on Sun. 3/3/13.White with neon orange stripes. I think a bush ate it but maybe there is an eye out there that is sharper than mine. Thank you for supporting the blind.
jwarlord is offline Find More Posts by jwarlord
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:22 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,667 Posts
Maybe update your profile to include location...how many Blossom Valleys could there be?

Sorry for the loss, I had an Oly II awol for a day once.
cityevader is online now Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:17 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Sep 2010
194 Posts
I know the feeling. Back in 1976, I spent four days hiking around the local hills looking for one that got away. Found it on a Monday afternoon. On Tuesday, I had a really nasty case of poison oak. Good luck with your search.
Moeregaard is offline Find More Posts by Moeregaard
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:19 PM
crash test dummy
United States, CA, La Mesa
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
How many Blossom Valleys could there be?

There is only one Blossom Valley soaring site . Ok in S.D. but not South Dakota,
San Diego and it is big. Even if you have a general area to search in, your perspective from the top of the hill will be of no help to locating the missing plane 2/3 's the way down as there is so much terrain you can't see until your descent.
Daylight savings time would help ! We keep trying,stranger things always happen!

Ther
jwarlord is offline Find More Posts by jwarlord
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:46 AM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
653 Posts
My buddy lost his Weasel and we looked and looked for weeks and could not find it. Low and behold one year later I found it by accident and the electronics were still good. It was a whole lot closer to than where he thought it was. We were looking way too far away. Don't give up, maybe try closer than you think of where it went down.
Gary
Sir Dumb Thumb is offline Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb
Old Mar 07, 2013, 01:49 PM
Peoria, AZ
Joined Jun 2001
1,054 Posts
Wings can get wedged into a bush, making them almost invisible.

I used to fly my hang glider at Blossom Valley in the '80's, and one day while soaring there, I spotted a model airplane down on the ridge. Later, I hiked in and recovered it. It was an old Falcon 56 that had gone free flight on some poor modeler!! I attempted to find the owner, but no way. It had a large fuel tank, so it may have come from far away...

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole