HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Scale Truck Build

This RC truck features a trick a functioning steering wheel and other cool features.

Splash

From functioning steering and windshield wipers to scale lights, this build is worth following!

From RCGroups.com user freechip:

After watching YouTube videos of it from djmedic2008, I just knew one day I would like to have one. Well that day has come, since my LHS was having a Boxing Day sale, I figured this was the best time to get it and since I had multiple LHS Gift Certificates, I got myself a nice X-mas/Boxing Day Gift.

There are plenty of YT video reviews and frankly I couldn't do a better job than djmedic2008 so I will just post a couple of pictures of the build and talk about some of the stuff I will be doing to it.

So of course when you have a "scale truck" or any scale RC, you kind of want to make it as scale-looking as possible so of course I have a functioning light kit coming. The rc4wd Mojave body kit comes all prepared for scale lighting so this part is pretty much plug-and-play.

My first scale mod and topic for this post is directed to a component found in the interior of the body/cab and that is the Steering Wheel. Since the Mojave Body comes with a separate dash and steering, making it functional was really not that hard, a small servo, 2/56 threaded rod, balsa, drilling, gluing and of course a little bit of know-how made this plain dash and steering into a functioning steering adding to the overall scale looks of this scale truck.