SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:12 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
F3B/F3J electric conversion

Hi
I am Zvika Nave from Israel. I flew in my past F3B and F3J gliders. I was very busy with my work for years , now I want to start flying again. Nobody in my country fly's F3B and there are no F3J competitions ,the F5J become very popular.
I want to convert my F3b and F3j gliders to electric. I have 2 tsunamy 2 Ultra-V
does any body have Suggestions on what equipment to use and any other advice will be welcomed

regrads to my old friends which might be member of this forum
Thank you
NAVE_ZVIKA is offline Find More Posts by NAVE_ZVIKA
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:24 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVE_ZVIKA View Post
Hi
I am Zvika Nave from Israel. I flew in my past F3B and F3J gliders. I was very busy with my work for years , now I want to start flying again. Nobody in my country fly's F3B and there are no F3J competitions ,the F5J become very popular.
I want to convert my F3b and F3j gliders to electric. I have 2 tsunamy 2 Ultra-V
does any body have Suggestions on what equipment to use and any other advice will be welcomed

Thank you
Hi Zvika

This thin. long inrunner is good for f3b type fuselages:
http://www.sloperacer.blogspot.co.uk...arbox-for.html

For lighter models and setups they often seem to be using a geared outrunner for f5j. e.g http://www.reisenauer.de/artikelauswahl.php5?kid=144

i think it depends on what you want it for. For sport flying I would rather have more faster climbs and a slight weight penalty than have 2 or 3 slow (20-30 second climbs), with a lighter setup.

Cheers
Tom
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:39 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVE_ZVIKA View Post
Hi

Thank you
Zvika,

If you plan on flying F5J competitions I strongly recommend against converting your planes. Like any other specialty division, to be competitive in F5J having a plane designed for the tasks helps alot. Would you try F3B with an old woody? There are many many planes out there. Here is a link to a site that may be very helpful to you. And he will ship to Israel. http://www.hyperflight.co.uk/product...ric+RC+Gliders They have many models from 2m to 4m for F5J. That is how I would do it. F5J is not big over here in the U.S.
ALES is really catching on, however. Best of luck. Subscribed.

Also, you might do better asking this question in the Electric Sailplanes forum, or the ALES forum.

Preston
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon