SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2013, 11:24 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Question
HobbyKing return. How long does it take?

I have recently returned three TGY S306 HV servos to their USA warehouse as there is some slop on these servos.

I requested the RMA and returned the items on Feb. 26, 2013 and it was delivered on Feb. 28.

I contacted with them via Live chat and was told that they haven't received it. I asked them does it mean it got lost. They said no, we just haven't received it.

This reply is really interesting. Why can't they say, it hasn't been passed to our department to avoid confusion?

Anyway, I placed the order on Feb. 7 which is about a month ago and I know that you have to file a dispute with Paypal within 45 days after purchase if necessary. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for them to process the return and when typically one can get the refund?

Thanks in advance!
neosunrise is offline Find More Posts by neosunrise
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:17 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,158 Posts
FWIW

I'd keep an eye on the 45 day PayPal limit as I doubt things are going to happen quickly.

My question to HK regarding US warehouse returns on Aug 6th, 2011.

Quote:
August 06, 2011 05:00

Many modelers are wondering what parts can be returned to the US service center and which must be returned to China
For instance. Can you tell me whether the following items need to be returned to China for warranty issues or can they be sent to the US Service Center?
ESC SKU: TR_B25A
Receiver SKU: ORNG6
Transmitter SKU: TX-9X-M1
Motor SKU: T1811-2000
Battery SKU: T2200.3S.40
Servo SKU: HKS9257
HK's answer:

Quote:
Hi hoppy,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Please be advised that USA warranty center only can process the inspection for battery , so you can send back the battery to USA warranty center .

For other items, you also can send back to USA warranty center, but we have to collect all the items then send them to China warranty center, it take longer time for inspection .

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Kayla
HobbyKing Support Team
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
FWIW

I'd keep an eye on the 45 day PayPal limit as I doubt things are going to happen quickly.

My question to HK regarding US warehouse returns on Aug 6th, 2011.

HK's answer:
Thanks for your info. I think my case is a bit different from this one cuz I only wanna return it for a full refund. Anyway, I will keep an eye on the paypal limit as it has been 26 days.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:30 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2012
42 Posts
I sent an RMA back to HK Washington, USA that I have tracking information showing arriving on Feb. 22. I contacted them on March 4th and I got the same, "we have not received it yet."

I have read in other threads that raising a paypal complaint will actually slow down the return process as they will not work on items that have pay pal tickets open.

I returned a Orangerx module and just ordered another one and just am hoping that someday they find it.
rjmyklebust is offline Find More Posts by rjmyklebust
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:06 PM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmyklebust View Post
I sent an RMA back to HK Washington, USA that I have tracking information showing arriving on Feb. 22. I contacted them on March 4th and I got the same, "we have not received it yet."

I have read in other threads that raising a paypal complaint will actually slow down the return process as they will not work on items that have pay pal tickets open.

I returned a Orangerx module and just ordered another one and just am hoping that someday they find it.
What if it takes forever to refund? I just wonder if I file a paypal dispute, can I get the money back directly from Paypal?
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:02 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Luckily I have not had to RMA anything yet. I am sure it takes time but it will get settled in the end. Keep us posted!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:40 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosunrise View Post
What if it takes forever to refund? I just wonder if I file a paypal dispute, can I get the money back directly from Paypal?
You will find HK processes to be frustratingly slow. You have 45 days to file a paypal claim. I had to file a few times due to their foolishness. When you file, expect HK to dig their heels in, from that moment onward they will REFUSE to do anything more unless you drop the paypal claim. DO NOT comply with their delay tactics. They know paypal won't get involved after 45 days. Paypal will take over and ultimately make it right..... As long as you file within the 45 day window.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Ymmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosunrise View Post
Neo you'll see all types of responses from folks on HK services. Some have one bad experience and will never forget it, others just take it in stride and try to do what is asked of them by the vendor. I would typically take those comments that could be seen as "far end of the spectrum" either good or bad with a grain of salt. No company is perfect after all. Some will keep shopping because of the prices, others will swear off ever doing business again. Ultimately we the consumer hold the power, our wallets!

Here is a recent example from a fellow member who felt his experience was pretty painless.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1839103

If you paid with PP, just make sure to be aware of the 45 days, and file your claim within that period and you should be covered. Good luck and update with the eventual resolution.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:42 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,487 Posts
This statement in this thread speaks volumes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
FWIW

]

Use the search feature and you will find out what to expect in service, don't take responses for face value on Internet forums. Especially when the question that you ask ends up not being answered or the question gets deflected and the whole discussion all of a sudden takes a different direction. The search feature is your friend.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Mar 08, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
If one doesn't follow the rules for return or refund, how are they to expect a refund or resolution? Few companies out there just cough up a refund without some requirements.

We agree though on the due diligence piece though, nobody should make a decision to spend hard earned money on something based on another person's comments. Websites like this, vendor threads, etc etc are great sources of information.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:12 PM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Great! Thank you guys. I will keep you posted - well, no update so far. It's been a week now.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
keep on them, and use the live support function too perhaps they can help as well. they are usually pretty good about looking into things, and they are not a bot responding. I don't know if their names are really Bob or Kelly, but they usually get the job done.

Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:05 AM
Joined Jul 2012
145 Posts
Contacted with them last night via online chat. I was told that my return has been passed to the warranty team for inspection and should be done within next week. We'll see.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:46 AM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2012
42 Posts
The rma i mentioned above is complete and my account was credited. Hk received the part on feb 22 and i was credited on mar 8th. Never once did i see any updates on my account and when i contacted hk they never had any info. Just one day the money showed up.
rjmyklebust is offline Find More Posts by rjmyklebust
Last edited by rjmyklebust; Mar 10, 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: fat fingers on my phone
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Well that's the most important part, the money was returned. Their communications can still improve. makes you wonder if they have an internal process to track returns. If they did perhaps they could link it to an e-mail process like they do with their "back in stock" e-mail alerts.