Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:40 PM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2010
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Elias View Post
Dave:

Going to be a great event. I'll help out for all 3 days if need be.

Steve Elias
Steve:

You have such a great sense of community and volunteer so often. Thank you so much for stepping up.

Dave
David Olson is online now Find More Posts by David Olson
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:45 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,970 Posts
Volunteer List:

Current list of volunteers:

1. David Klein - Sat.

2. Steve Elias - Fri./Sat./Sun. (if needed)

3. Dave Olson - Fri./Sat./Sun. (if needed)

4. Brian Monte - Fri/Sat.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by David Olson; Mar 12, 2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:26 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,528 Posts
BTW, I put it out to the TPG Gulls email list for others to join me. I'll ask a bit more as we approach the date. I plan on dragging a few guys with me. Even if I have to grab a couple of 11 year old neighbors.
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,970 Posts
We are still looking for an Official AMA CD to step up and help out.

I would say we will take just about everything off of the CD's plate so he just has to show up and officiate the event and nothing else.

Target is out to sea during the TS and will be unable to attend. So we are looking for a "ready line" judge to keep things moving.

Tom Kiesling will be focused on F3B and about to leave for Germany and does not feel comfortable committing to CD due to any last minute possible plane problems etc. that he may have to attend to and would not want to disappoint us at the last minute. He has offered to be a possible emergency back up CD but he can not say for sure now. SInce he is on the F3B Team his focus should be on F3B. He is such a gracious guy.

The AMA CD test is an open book test and is done on line. I am told it is not a big deal to do.

Anyone willing to step up?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,528 Posts
Yeah, you need to grab a CD other than tom or myself. I will try and drag him up for a day to give a hand but cannot go the entire weekend as it is right before we leave for the WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olson View Post

I would say we will take just about everything off of the CD's plate so he just has to show up and officiate the event and nothing else.

Target is out to sea during the TS and will be unable to attend. So we are looking for a "ready line" judge to keep things moving.

Tom Kiesling will be focused on F3B and about to leave for Germany and does not feel comfortable committing to CD due to any last minute possible plane problems etc. that he may have to attend to and would not want to disappoint us at the last minute. He has offered to be a possible emergency back up CD but he can not say for sure now. SInce he is on the F3B Team his focus should be on F3B. He is such a gracious guy.

The AMA CD test is an open book test and is done on line. I am told it is not a big deal to do.

djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:16 PM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,182 Posts
Dave,

I would step up and do the CD thing and do it, but I intend to fly in the selects, and I'm pretty sure for official team selections, you cannot fly and CD at the same time...

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olson View Post

ttraver is offline Find More Posts by ttraver
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:07 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,330 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately the CD can not fly in the TS. CDing the F3F TS last time was a lot of fun, but it is also a bit nerve racking in judging the conditions for when to start and stop and keep things fair! On an inland slope I suspect it will be even more of a challenge.

What you really need is a seasoned F3F pilot that knows how to run a tight contest and doesn't have any aspirations to make the team. Anyone like that out there?

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:55 PM
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,525 Posts
Dave,

You can add my son Brian to the list of helpers for both days!

B
Brandon is offline Find More Posts by Brandon
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Dave,

You can add my son Brian to the list of helpers for both days!

B
Brandon:

Thank you sir, your son Brian is on the volunteer list. Excellent.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttraver View Post
Dave,

I would step up and do the CD thing and do it, but I intend to fly in the selects, and I'm pretty sure for official team selections, you cannot fly and CD at the same time...

Tim

I understand completely Tim.

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:30 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djklein21 View Post
BTW, I put it out to the TPG Gulls email list for others to join me. I'll ask a bit more as we approach the date. I plan on dragging a few guys with me. Even if I have to grab a couple of 11 year old neighbors.
Dave:

I also sent out several emails up here as well including our local Soaring Club here in Santa Rosa that has 42 members.

I will obviously keep trying to enlist help as well.

Dave, you and Tom are such community minded gentlemen, thank you so much for your support. I apologize for asking 2 of the F3B Team members to help out the F3F community just before you both are about to leave for Europe for the F3B World Championships, but so far we do not seem to be getting enough support from within the F3F community to take care of it's own.

My wife wonders why I am so gray.

Gentlemen, please!

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,970 Posts
I talked with Tim Copp and he has graciously volunteered to help out. He will be a HUGE help at the event.

Thank you very much for stepping up TIm!
-----------------------------------------
Current list of volunteers:

1. David Klein - Sat.

2. Steve Elias - Fri./Sat./Sun-(if needed)

3. Dave Olson - Fri./Sat./Sun-(if needed)

4. Brian Monte - Fri/Sat.

5. Tim Copp - Fri./Sat./Sun-(if needed)

6. Linda Field - Fri./Sat.

7. Anna Mietzner - Sat./ Sun-(if needed)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by David Olson; Mar 26, 2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Added Anna Mietzner
Old Mar 25, 2013, 02:42 PM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,824 Posts
Linda ( aka Slope Mom ) has stepped up as well. Both days, registration, sign in, entry fees paid, verify AMA cards and stuff like that.

No pole duty, not her thing. :-)

Regards
Dan & Linda
danfield is offline Find More Posts by danfield
Last edited by danfield; Mar 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:45 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfield View Post
Linda ( aka Slope Mom ) has stepped up as well. Both days, registration, sign in, entry fees paid, verify AMA cards and stuff like that.

No pole duty, no her thing. :-)

Regards
Dan & Linda
Dan & Linda:

That is great news, thank you so much Linda. Promise, no button pushing.

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:15 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
Hi Dave,

I talked to my wife over the weekend while at the Torrey Pines race and she said she would be willing to volunteer to help with the score keeping data entry, or printing of flight orders on Sat and Sunday, possibly Friday, that would depend on whether she can get the day off or not. Anna would not want to do pole duty either, as just like Linda it is not really her thing.

Bob Mietzner,
Doc Holiday48 is offline Find More Posts by Doc Holiday48
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:54 PM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holiday48 View Post
Hi Dave,

I talked to my wife over the weekend while at the Torrey Pines race and she said she would be willing to volunteer to help with the score keeping data entry, or printing of flight orders on Sat and Sunday, possibly Friday, that would depend on whether she can get the day off or not. Anna would not want to do pole duty either, as just like Linda it is not really her thing.

Bob Mietzner,
Go Anna!
danfield is offline Find More Posts by danfield