Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:45 PM
NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM 27
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2010
1,162 Posts
Announce
F3F USA 2013 Team Select - Support Volunteers

Gentlemen:

I have volunteered to be the Event Coordinator this year for our F3F USA 2013 TS Event.

I thought I would start a thread for organizing volunteer related items here and later Bob Mietzner will start the "Official" thread for pilot sign ups etc.

Most of you know, the TS will be held at Grass Mountain, July 12 (Fri.), 13th (Sat.) and if needed 14th(Sun.).

We are actively recruiting an event CD currently. There just are not that many qualified official AMA sailplane CD's around to chose from. We were so fortunate to have Tom Kiesling to CD last year. This year he will be leaving for Germany for the F3B Worlds so he will not be available again.

We also need volunteers to man the bases since none of the pilots are allowed to do that.

I was very impressed last time with the job Target did on keeping things moving so well. He was very influential in why we finished up in 2 days.

We will need the following positions filled:

1. Line judge - to keep everyone organized in the "ready" and "on deck box". (You have big shoes to fill after Target)

2. Safety judge

3. Live scoring - I will volunteer to do this again.

4. Base Judges

5. Relief Judges / Floaters - for lunch breaks and relief as needed.

While July seems a long way off, it really isn't.

Last year's team made us very proud and now is your chance to have a small part in helping with their continued success.

Please let me know if you can help support our F3F pilots trying out for the USA Team this cycle. As you know, they can't do this without some of us giving back and showing a "sense of community" for them.

Thanks,

Dave Olson
David Olson is offline Find More Posts by David Olson
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:19 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,524 Posts
I will! I'll find out what and how many days.
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:02 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Aug 2004
1,706 Posts
Thanks, Dave, and you too, Klein! I am looking forward to the comp. It seems to be coming up so quickly...

WD
concreteman is offline Find More Posts by concreteman
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:58 PM
USA, TX, Mansfield
Joined Aug 2004
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olson View Post
Gentlemen:

I have volunteered to be the Event Coordinator this year for our F3F USA 2013 TS Event.

I thought I would start a thread for organizing volunteer related items here and later Bob Mietzner will start the "Official" thread for pilot sign ups etc.

Most of you know, the TS will be held at Grass Mountain, July 12 (Fri.), 13th (Sat.) and if needed 14th(Sun.).

We are actively recruiting an event CD currently. There just are not that many qualified official AMA sailplane CD's around to chose from. We were so fortunate to have Tom Kiesling to CD last year. This year he will be leaving for Germany for the F3B Worlds so he will not be available again.

We also need volunteers to man the bases since none of the pilots are allowed to do that.

I was very impressed last time with the job Target did on keeping things moving so well. He was very influential in why we finished up in 2 days.

We will need the following positions filled:

1. Line judge - to keep everyone organized in the "ready" and "on deck box". (You have big shoes to fill after Target)

2. Safety judge

3. Live scoring - I will volunteer to do this again.

4. Base Judges

5. Relief Judges / Floaters - for lunch breaks and relief as needed.

While July seems a long way off, it really isn't.

Last year's team made us very proud and now is your chance to have a small part in helping with their continued success.

Please let me know if you can help support our F3F pilots trying out for the USA Team this cycle. As you know, they can't do this without some of us giving back and showing a "sense of community" for them.

Thanks,

Dave Olson

There's time to get someone qualified to CD get the CD designation if that's what you lack.

Rob
onemetre is offline Find More Posts by onemetre
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:33 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,725 Posts
Thanks Dave O. and Dave K!! I'm looking forward to working with you guys. This is a very important event in our racing community, and hope we have a few more volunteers to help out to run this event and select a great team to represent the US. Many helping hands make the job easier! So if you are interested, please join in and volunteer to help with these crucial jobs.

Thanks,

Bob Mietzner

SCSR Pres.
Doc Holiday48 is online now Find More Posts by Doc Holiday48
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:39 AM
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,422 Posts
A huge thank you to Dave Olson for stepping up as the contest organizer! We couldn't ask for a better person at the helm! I and a few others will be assisting Dave in making sure everything is in order and ready to go for the event.

B
Brandon is offline Find More Posts by Brandon
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:39 AM
Joined Feb 2004
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djklein21 View Post
I will! I'll find out what and how many days.
Dave,

Thank you for stepping up and donating your time, much appreciated!

B
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:44 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,524 Posts
No problem B, my pleasure. We need cross discipline support for mutual benefit. I also volunteered to CD the F3J team selection for the Perris field bid. Luckily the F3J TS is after the F3B WC. This being just a week or two before we leave will keep me from being there all three days. Sorry I couldn't do more.

David
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:39 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemetre View Post
There's time to get someone qualified to CD get the CD designation if that's what you lack.

Rob
Rob:

Good idea, on the same page with you, we have been considering someone to do exactly that if we need to.

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:43 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1,162 Posts
Quote:
No problem B, my pleasure. We need cross discipline support for mutual benefit. I also volunteered to CD the F3J team selection for the Perris field bid. Luckily the F3J TS is after the F3B WC. This being just a week or two before we leave will keep me from being there all three days. Sorry I couldn't do more.

David
David,

You are the best man! You seem to always step up and give back.

Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated. (Congrats on winning the Gator!)

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:09 PM
United States, CA, Rohnert Park
Joined Mar 2006
82 Posts
Dave:

Going to be a great event. I'll help out for all 3 days if need be.

Steve Elias
Steve Elias is offline Find More Posts by Steve Elias
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined Feb 2004
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Elias View Post
Dave:

Going to be a great event. I'll help out for all 3 days if need be.

Steve Elias
Steve,

Thank you for volunteering your time to the event, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Brandon
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:07 AM
Joined Feb 2004
1,422 Posts
Quote:

David
Dave,

It would be great to get the "cross discipline support" thing going here is Socal as you mentioned. That in itself could alleviate most of the struggle to find support when needed.

Regards,

Brandon
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:46 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Aug 2004
1,706 Posts
Klein, feel free to email me when/if you are in need, as I am AMA CD. I'd be glad to help.

WD
concreteman is offline Find More Posts by concreteman
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:03 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteman View Post
Klein, feel free to email me when/if you are in need, as I am AMA CD. I'd be glad to help.

WD
Killer!