HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Help & Advice for a newbie!

Hi everyone, I have been desperate to do fpv gliding for some time but am limited by funds but hope to be in a position to actually make a purchase soon and was hoping for some help and advice as I have only been able to scavenge a little bit of knowledge from trailing around the Internet & forums and felt it best to ask some direct questions.

So I was looking at an easy glider or blixer to start with but fear the costs of getting up and running and am not sure exactly what would be needed (its a bit of a mind field)

Instead I discovered the spy hawk mini glider for around 230 (I'm from the UK) but it doesn't look very stable and only has a range of 400meters which seems a bit short? Along with this the components can't be transplanted into a new plane.

What I really want is a stable gliding platform where I can soar and catch thermals with a stable platform that uses little battery power but again money is a problem and I don't mind an upgrade path...

Thanks for reading and advice would be great as I just really need to talk to someone to get my head straight (no near bye clubs).
Charley.
Casbalti is offline Find More Posts by Casbalti
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:24 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,955 Posts
I think you are most likely to find more assistance here: http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/

I see there is a dedicated UK thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258125
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:11 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
FPV is pretty state of the art and will require a cash investment in addition to traditional modelling costs.
Fortunately, products made in china, distributed throughout the world, are much more affordable than technology ever has been before.
You might review the Foam University thread over in the foamy scratchbuilt category.
ExperimentalAirlines has much excellent information on how you may build model aircraft very inexpensively and they also offer possible sources for FPV gear.
Good luck
rustycase
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:02 PM
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Thankyou to you both!
Casbalti is offline Find More Posts by Casbalti