HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:20 PM
Noel E
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix updates from v1.1 upwards

Hi,
I have an old disk v1.1 I want to download updates to get up to latest version but I'm struggling to find a site where I can update from anything earlier than v4
can any one help me ?
I'm not particularly computer savvy so no complicated instructions to "pull and drop cookies " or "download the gigabites from the URL" cos I havent got a clue what any of that means ???
Regards
Noel
Noel58 is offline Find More Posts by Noel58
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I'm interested to see what help you'll get if you can't understand help.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:45 PM
Noel E
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
Keep it simple stupid !

A nice simple fix for a nice simple bloke will be just fine ,
some thing along the lines of ," go to this website and press this download button ,"will fit the bill
Best regards
Noel
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Okay, you're looking for a magical fix. Good luck.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:29 PM
Noel E
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
magical would be nice ..But

The really anoying thing is that i installed and upgraded this very same disk several years ago, and it was working brilliantly ,untill my computer had a little fire and so now I,ve got a super duper quad pentium gaming computer with mega state of the art graphics cards and blue lights and see through casing with go faster stripes , and the sodding thing wont let me install my realflight G5 ,It was all very simple the first time around so I cant understand what the problem is ,
So not really magical just easier than this will do
Noel

Sorry I'm confusing myself as well as you here ,
I meant to say Phoenix sim here
,I.ve bee provided with BRILLIANT advice on serial numbers Re my Realflight problems on my other thread
Thanks again hdzrcflyer , You are a STAR
Last edited by Noel58; Mar 03, 2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: correcting my earlier mistake
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Now we're talking about RealFlight in this thread? I told you, you'll need to contact tech support. They are in charge of serial numbers, us customers are not.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:15 PM
Noel E
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
please see corrections in my previous post , I do in fact mean my PHOENIX 1.1 simulat

Thanks jeffpn for pointing out my mistake ,
now can you help with the problem ?
Noel
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
No. I don't have Phoenix. (But I bet their tech support team can help you.)
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:59 PM
United States, IN, Grabill
Joined May 2004
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel58 View Post
Hi,
I have an old disk v1.1 I want to download updates to get up to latest version but I'm struggling to find a site where I can update from anything earlier than v4
can any one help me ?
I'm not particularly computer savvy so no complicated instructions to "pull and drop cookies " or "download the gigabites from the URL" cos I havent got a clue what any of that means ???
Regards
Noel
Hi Noel,
I have a similar problem. I have Phoenix and it was updated to the latest version 4.0
But I had a nasty virus mess things up. I had to erase my hard drive and start over.
I have the Phoenix 2.5 verion disc.
I tried to update back to 4.0 but it seems that Phoenix no longer supports anything below version 3.0

So I will have to wait until tomorrow and call them or Horizon Hobby and see if they will send another disc so I can update
with 4.0 on it.
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:22 AM
king of the newbies
United States, PA, Bethlehem
Joined Feb 2013
202 Posts
you guys can try starting here...
http://www.phoenix-sim.com/support.asp
kingnewbie is offline Find More Posts by kingnewbie
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:34 AM
Noel E
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
New Disk V4

Hi again,
Thanks for all info,
I eventually found out as ErcoupEd states above,Phoenix no longer supports anything lower than V3 so I paid up my 12 50 and bought the subsidised upgrade disk ,

Now all up dated to latest version including extra flying fields and all is well in my simulated world
Thanks again guys,
I knew I could rely on some constructive input
thanks also to you jeffpn
Noel
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Glad you got it fixed.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:43 PM
Activist
Joined Jun 2009
85 Posts
free updates no more

I just learned that Phoenix will no longer support updates from version 2.5 and earlier.
If you have version 2.5 or earlier don't uninstall like I did.

My version 1.05j disc shows a website for "free updates". I get error 404 when I go there. I called HH who told me that I am screwed. Free doesn't mean free to them. Do any of you know how bad version 1.05j is? It is unusable trash.

I have recommended Phoenix to over a dozen pilots and now I am betrayed. I recommend they buy Phoenix at the LHS over the years precisely because updates were/are free. I wonder if any of them has a version that will no longer be updated free?
I wonder if I have lied to those people.

Runtime Games Phoenix's makers will throw you away next. You people with version 3.0 , step right up.

I am told the problem is thievery. Paradoxically, my only recourse is to become a pirate and copy someone's 3.0 or newer software to get support today on Phoenix's website. Go figure!

But I should copy version 4.0 disc, not 3.0, to hold Runtime Games off a while longer. .
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveapplemotor View Post
Paradoxically, my only recourse is to become a pirate and copy someone's 3.0 or newer software to get support today on Phoenix's website. Go figure!
Or, you could buy a legit copy of the software.

Hopefully, updates don't work on leaked serials. Suck it up, and buy a copy. I think it's a bit unrealistic to think you get free updates for life. I'd be interested to see the documentation that came with your software. Ya gotta read the fine print!!
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:26 AM
Activist
Joined Jun 2009
85 Posts
FREE Phoenix support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Or, you could buy a legit copy of the software.

Hopefully, updates don't work on leaked serials. Suck it up, and buy a copy. I think it's a bit unrealistic to think you get free updates for life. I'd be interested to see the documentation that came with your software. Ya gotta read the fine print!!
The large print that comes up when I load my v1.05j manual says "FREE UPDATE".;

You are certainly rude to say that I didn't purchase my Phoenix legitimately. And wrong!

Do you also want proof that I bought a copy from Phoenix?

Yesterday, I photographed my Phoenix disc, the box it came in, the dongle but after 5 or so years I couldn't find the receipt. I sent the picture of my Phoenix v1.05j kit to HH but they didn't reply yet.

Send me your email and I will attach that same photo. You can apologize later.

Betrayed by HH is one thing AND I don't want abuse from anyone else. Thank you.

I share your venom towards thieves! They make it rough on everyone.

You are wrong if you think I am trying to scam Phoenix. I merely want what I paid for. And yes updates for the life of their company are appropriate. For me and for you , no? Truth in advertizing. I am honest. Why aren't they?

I made a public service announcement that you all should watch out-You all being legit owners of Phoenix 3.0-because Phoenix will abandon you, too. They already threw 2.5 under the bus. I have spent quite a few hours trying to get my sim woking again and I am a bit cranky towards anyone who says I am not above board. Get it straight. Phoenix has broken their word! Not me!

I am stuck right now with version 1.05j which is worthless but wasn't cheap when I bought it.
daveapplemotor is offline Find More Posts by daveapplemotor