HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:52 AM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
Discussion
sebart planes

I have always been curious with these things..Can you get parts for them? wheel pants, gear etc... thx...
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:09 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,161 Posts
Hi,

You can buy fuselage, wing, stab, landing gear, wheel pants, canopy, wing carbon tube, decal set as spare part.
I have bought for example extra landing gear and canopy for some Sebart planes I have.

If You look in Sebart price list here http://www.sebart.it/download/sebart-pricelist.pdf
You can see all parts and partsnumber (=art. #) for each Sebart model. Be aware that for some parts You must order correct color for the part.

In US I do not know who sell Sebart planes and spare parts but if You do not find what You are looking for it in Your country there are many other companies in the world that sell Sbart planes and spare parts, check Sebart homepage for distributor list.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:14 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
Thanks, I see people selling them over here, but I don`t see any parts listed...I can`t justify spending that kind of money on one and having to wait weeks for parts from overseas....I`m sure they fly good, but not the greatest looking planes in my opinion ...They use colors I didn`t think you could put together..
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:43 PM
¿Por Qué No?
Joined Aug 2011
29 Posts
Thunder Power is the distributor in North America.

http://thunderpowerrc.com/html/products.html
whyrudy is offline Find More Posts by whyrudy
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:32 AM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Joined Mar 2012
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
Thanks, I see people selling them over here, but I don`t see any parts listed...I can`t justify spending that kind of money on one and having to wait weeks for parts from overseas....I`m sure they fly good, but not the greatest looking planes in my opinion ...They use colors I didn`t think you could put together..
All spare parts are perfect color match with all Sebart products .

IMO: there are on the market USA ( China made ) products ,
like Sebart are , that are sure expensive and low quality .
About spares waiting time ,
this happen in EU with all USA ( China made ) products too.
rosnik is online now Find More Posts by rosnik
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:56 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
Hey Ros, thanks for the input, but I think you misunderstand me...The problem with the sebart planes is not the color match...Its the fact they have odd color schemes...Thats my opinion. Some may like their planes..I have also emailed thunder tiger about replacement parts with no reply.. I`m sure you can get them, but maybe somewhat of a hassle..
Last edited by mazjag; Mar 07, 2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:04 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,161 Posts
For me,I have 4 Sebart planes, I buy them first because they fly very well and second they are rather good built and covered from factory so quality is rather good. The colorscheme maye do not suit all but I suppose it part of the Sebart brand that many models from them have same basic scheme. It may be little difficult to find ARF's that fly very well, have high quality and also has a color scheme that suits our taste. And spare parts for Sebart planes can not be that of big problem if You consider how fast things can be shipped all over the world today (OK the shippingcost may be little more if it needs to over the sea to reach US).

/Bo
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:35 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2007
128 Posts
Bossee,

How would you compare the quality with 3DHS and Extreme Flight?

David
Neko is offline Find More Posts by Neko
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:40 AM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Joined Mar 2012
263 Posts
I got Sebart and EF planes.
Quality is some and good in both.
Only difference is that plane wing suits is sold like option on Sebart.
Wile Sebart is 20% cheaper than EF.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:17 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
Update..at this point I have emailed and called thunder power to see about getting parts for these planes...I got no reply and nobody picked up the phone..Kinda a bummer..I wanted to try one of these out, but with that kind of support its a no go in my book..
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:46 AM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Joined Mar 2012
263 Posts
Which spare parts are you looking for ?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:25 AM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
I`m not looking for anything...before I bought one I wanted to see if parts were readily available...While I`m sure you can get them its more work than I want to do..
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,161 Posts
But why not take a chance that You will not need a spare part for a Sebart plane? I'm rather sure You will be happy with the quality and certainly the flying capabilites. If You can fly reasonably good You probably will not need any spare parts later for the plane.

/Bo
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:34 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,091 Posts
I've been able to get replacement parts for sebart models in australia, if you can't get them in the US, you're really not looking.
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:38 AM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
Has it occurred to anybody outside the USA that you guys have a different distributor and whiles yours maybe be great, ours might be bad.. Those planes also maybe more popular where you live than here as well..
Last edited by mazjag; Mar 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM.