HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,625 Posts
Question
Question RE: Rules on Blog Posts and Advertizing

Hello,

Question 1: I need to know if I'm allowed to add entries in my blog to show some quadcopter models I sell. Prices would be listed and a link to my website would also be posted.

I received a point for using a picture of my quads' logo as an avatar so I want to make sure I don't cross the line on this. Can't really afford it at the moment.

Also:

Quote:
We allow one advertisement per week per forum per user. An advertisement is any content designed to sell or publicize an event, good, or service. Note that certain areas of the site (including the classifieds and vendor sections) are exempt from this rule.
Question 2: Am I correct to assume that I am OK to post a thread in the classifieds once in a while, like, one thread every month or two, to show what I have for sale?

On a side note, I live in Taiwan and Paypal is not recognized by the banks here. One can withdraw money from a paypal account into a Taiwan bank, but the banks do not support paypal "top-ups" or payment with a bank card through paypal. The result is I have not been able to update my account to a PLUS account. I have been in contact with an administrator about this. He put me in touch with someone else who, I believe, is a technician. Not sure. We were unable to come up with a solution but was told that credit cards sans paypal would soon be accepted as a form of payment for the PLUS account registration.

Question 3: Is there any way for me to send the funds to someone, either via paypal or credit card to upgrade my account? As mentioned, paypal doesn't allow linking a card to a paypal account in Taiwan and this is a necessary step to register for a PLUS account. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

To rephrase, my paypal is verified and I do have a credit card but they can't be linked in Taiwan. This is not supported by Taiwan banks.

Thank you kindly and keep up the good work.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:56 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,366 Posts
Quote:
Question 1: I need to know if I'm allowed to add entries in my blog to show some quadcopter models I sell. Prices would be listed and a link to my website would also be posted.
Posts should be made in the appropriate forum sections. The spam rule does apply to to blogs:
We allow one advertisement per week per forum per user. An advertisement is any content designed to sell or publicize an event, good, or service. Note that certain areas of the site (including the classifieds and vendor sections) are exempt from this rule.

Quote:
Question 2: Am I correct to assume that I am OK to post a thread in the classifieds once in a while, like, one thread every month or two, to show what I have for sale? (including the classifieds and vendor sections) are exempt from this rule.
You are correct.

Quote:
Question 3: Is there any way for me to send the funds to someone, either via paypal or credit card to upgrade my account? As mentioned, paypal doesn't allow linking a card to a paypal account in Taiwan and this is a necessary step to register for a PLUS account. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
I will bring this up with a tech. Currently you do need to use the system to buy a Plus membership.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:46 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,625 Posts
Thank you for the response, Sir.

Is this an unfinished sentence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Note that certain areas of the site (...)?
So I'm OK to post my quads in my blog, then? Given what seems to be an unfinished sentence, I'm unsure and I want to be 100% sure.

Thanks again.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:53 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,366 Posts
It would be better to post in the appropriate forum section.
If you do choose to promote your products in your blog be aware the spam rule still applies:
Excessive Advertising (Spam)
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Mar 04, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
It would be better to post in the appropriate forum section.
If you do choose to promote your products in your blog be aware the spam rule still applies:
Excessive Advertising (Spam)
OK! That clears it up for me.

Many thanks.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor