HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RCPilot1234, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:36 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Discussion
Video Editing and RC

About two years ago I got myself a top of the range iMac: quad-core i7, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, etc. One thing this has been really useful in is editing my RC videos. I currently use Final Cut Pro X. Whilst it takes a while to get used to it, once you know the ins and outs I've found it's great fun to edit videos!

Here on my latest video I've tried to incorporate some extra editing techniques. I'm by no means a pro when it comes to this though, haha!

Crack Yak Mini: Indoor 3D! Pilot Francis Harris (RE) (3 min 4 sec)

Thanks for watching
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCPilot1234; Mar 12, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:54 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,146 Posts
Awesome. Funny, we just asked what software you were using on Youtube. I'm not sure we can manage to edit as well on our computer but I'm interested to look up the software and see if we can run it. Thanks again and super job flying!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The MXS-C MINI - IT'S BIG
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:24 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Awesome. Funny, we just asked what software you were using on Youtube. I'm not sure we can manage to edit as well on our computer but I'm interested to look up the software and see if we can run it. Thanks again and super job flying!
Many thanks!

I use Final Cut Pro X with a variety of plugins from http://www.fcpeffects.com , for example 3D perspective, light leaks, and decode I'd say it wouldn't take too long to buy up and learn what I use. There's a plethora of YouTube tutorials showing how to use the software Most of it is pretty basic, for example learning how to keyframe so you can manipulate the effects.

As for the outro, I made that in Motion. Didn't take too long at all
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:56 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Many thanks!

I use Final Cut Pro X with a variety of plugins from http://www.fcpeffects.com , for example 3D perspective, light leaks, and decode I'd say it wouldn't take too long to buy up and learn what I use. There's a plethora of YouTube tutorials showing how to use the software Most of it is pretty basic, for example learning how to keyframe so you can manipulate the effects.

As for the outro, I made that in Motion. Didn't take too long at all
I fool with the music editing now so we have something to fly to in the gym. Do you edit sound in this Final Cut Pro as well?

RC
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The MXS-C MINI - IT'S BIG
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:52 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Funny that you should reply to this thread - I really enjoy your videos but they're always the wrong aspect ratio! I work with video all the time and I can't help but notice these things. I hope you get your video editing stuff upgraded so your videos can be even cooler
tmsn is online now Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:53 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
About two years ago I got myself a top of the range iMac: quad-core i7, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, etc. One thing this has been really useful in is editing my RC videos. I currently use Final Cut Pro X. Whilst it takes a while to get used to it, once you know the ins and outs I've found it's great fun to edit videos!

Here on my latest video I've tried to incorporate some extra editing techniques. I'm by no means a pro when it comes to this though, haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnNqWghy5G0

Thanks for watching
I really want to watch this video but it tells me I can't watch in my country, probably because of the music you used in it
tmsn is online now Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:26 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
I fool with the music editing now so we have something to fly to in the gym. Do you edit sound in this Final Cut Pro as well?

RC
Yes I do What I do is find a song that's fairly short, fairly fast paced, and edit it into the clips so it all synchronises
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:27 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
I really want to watch this video but it tells me I can't watch in my country, probably because of the music you used in it
Funnily enough, it's just been blocked from watching it on my iPad! I think the owners of the music have just changed their licensing for this song as its a new release and it's taken off.

Man that sucks! I may upload a version without music
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:58 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
After about 3 hours I've finally re-edited all the video I've made some BIG changes Will upload either now or later today
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:17 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Here it is
Crack Yak Mini: Indoor 3D! Pilot Francis Harris (RE) (3 min 4 sec)
RCG Plus Member