HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by RCPilot1234, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:36 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
RCPilot1234's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Discussion
Video Editing and RC

About two years ago I got myself a top of the range iMac: quad-core i7, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, etc. One thing this has been really useful in is editing my RC videos. I currently use Final Cut Pro X. Whilst it takes a while to get used to it, once you know the ins and outs I've found it's great fun to edit videos!

Here on my latest video I've tried to incorporate some extra editing techniques. I'm by no means a pro when it comes to this though, haha!

Crack Yak Mini: Indoor 3D! Pilot Francis Harris (RE) (3 min 4 sec)


Thanks for watching
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCPilot1234; Mar 12, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:54 PM
TEAM TWISTED
ROLLING CIRCLE's Avatar
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,146 Posts
Awesome. Funny, we just asked what software you were using on Youtube. I'm not sure we can manage to edit as well on our computer but I'm interested to look up the software and see if we can run it. Thanks again and super job flying!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The MXS-C MINI - IT'S BIG
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:24 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
RCPilot1234's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Awesome. Funny, we just asked what software you were using on Youtube. I'm not sure we can manage to edit as well on our computer but I'm interested to look up the software and see if we can run it. Thanks again and super job flying!
Many thanks!

I use Final Cut Pro X with a variety of plugins from http://www.fcpeffects.com , for example 3D perspective, light leaks, and decode I'd say it wouldn't take too long to buy up and learn what I use. There's a plethora of YouTube tutorials showing how to use the software Most of it is pretty basic, for example learning how to keyframe so you can manipulate the effects.

As for the outro, I made that in Motion. Didn't take too long at all
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:56 PM
TEAM TWISTED
ROLLING CIRCLE's Avatar
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Many thanks!

I use Final Cut Pro X with a variety of plugins from http://www.fcpeffects.com , for example 3D perspective, light leaks, and decode I'd say it wouldn't take too long to buy up and learn what I use. There's a plethora of YouTube tutorials showing how to use the software Most of it is pretty basic, for example learning how to keyframe so you can manipulate the effects.

As for the outro, I made that in Motion. Didn't take too long at all
I fool with the music editing now so we have something to fly to in the gym. Do you edit sound in this Final Cut Pro as well?

RC
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The MXS-C MINI - IT'S BIG
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:52 PM
Registered User
tmsn's Avatar
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Awesome. Funny, we just asked what software you were using on Youtube. I'm not sure we can manage to edit as well on our computer but I'm interested to look up the software and see if we can run it. Thanks again and super job flying!
Funny that you should reply to this thread - I really enjoy your videos but they're always the wrong aspect ratio! I work with video all the time and I can't help but notice these things. I hope you get your video editing stuff upgraded so your videos can be even cooler
tmsn is online now Find More Posts by tmsn
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:53 PM
Registered User
tmsn's Avatar
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
About two years ago I got myself a top of the range iMac: quad-core i7, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, etc. One thing this has been really useful in is editing my RC videos. I currently use Final Cut Pro X. Whilst it takes a while to get used to it, once you know the ins and outs I've found it's great fun to edit videos!

Here on my latest video I've tried to incorporate some extra editing techniques. I'm by no means a pro when it comes to this though, haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnNqWghy5G0

Thanks for watching
I really want to watch this video but it tells me I can't watch in my country, probably because of the music you used in it
tmsn is online now Find More Posts by tmsn
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:26 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
RCPilot1234's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
I fool with the music editing now so we have something to fly to in the gym. Do you edit sound in this Final Cut Pro as well?

RC
Yes I do What I do is find a song that's fairly short, fairly fast paced, and edit it into the clips so it all synchronises
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:27 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
RCPilot1234's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
I really want to watch this video but it tells me I can't watch in my country, probably because of the music you used in it
Funnily enough, it's just been blocked from watching it on my iPad! I think the owners of the music have just changed their licensing for this song as its a new release and it's taken off.

Man that sucks! I may upload a version without music
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:58 AM
Pilot Francis 😄
RCPilot1234's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
I really want to watch this video but it tells me I can't watch in my country, probably because of the music you used in it
After about 3 hours I've finally re-edited all the video I've made some BIG changes Will upload either now or later today
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:17 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
RCPilot1234's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Here it is
Crack Yak Mini: Indoor 3D! Pilot Francis Harris (RE) (3 min 4 sec)
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Just a little video edit using NEW GoPro Hero 3 Black Bixler13 Multirotor Talk 15 Feb 21, 2013 07:57 PM
Discussion What video editing software do you use? Wrice4 FPV Talk 22 Jan 15, 2013 02:27 PM
Video GoPro 3 Black Edition! Aerial Video over amzing rock formations Bixler13 Electric Plane Talk 0 Jan 05, 2013 03:45 AM
Discussion Video edit software question smitty919 Aerial Photography 3 Jan 03, 2013 08:45 PM
Discussion Video School Episode 4 - Editing RC video Reflex Films Electric Plane Talk 2 Jul 20, 2011 06:31 AM