HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by tailskid2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:15 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,212 Posts
Discussion
Butterfly will fly again!

Had a major setback last week while training a newbie - my Satio 100 powered 'Sport Wing 90' got rekitted so I can't help anyone learn to fly - so I dug out a 20 year old 'Butterfly' (I think it was a Craft Air kit back then, or was it DynaFlite?).

The tail feathers needed some work and I ended up building a whole new vertical stab/rudder. Now I'm working on installing a radio. I have a 4 ch. JR on channel 45 so I think I will use that.

Our club prez gave me an old OS 25 to put on it, throttle is stuck but that is a lot better than the OS 20 I had on it as it is frozen solid! Guess some heating in a crock pot might be needed.

The wings are in fairly good shape being that they have been moved from Minnesota to Alabama and now to Arizona - but the monokote is brittle. Sure don't want to stip and recover them but just might have to.

Tomorrow I will install the rest of the radio and work on that engine....
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fly Models Sbach 30cc
to remove ads between posts