HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2004, 04:09 PM
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2001
1,180 Posts
Polar Bear Fly-In

Our club holds a fly-in on the 1st of Jan every year. This used to be an all glow club up until a couple of years ago, except for yours truly, but the first 6 or 8 planes flown this morning were all electric. I think there were as many electrics there as glow this morning. Going from memory, there were electric powered:
HOB Extra,
2ea LT-25's,
A10 ducted fan,
Formosa,
E3D,
Senior Telemaster,
Fantasy,
Simprop(I think) Sukhoi,
a couple of Zagi's,
A Fighter bird (or similar),
4 or 5 GWS Tiger Moths.
and I'm probably forgetting a couple.

Weather was about 39 degrees F, with about 5 mph wind. A good time was had by all.

Norm
Norm is offline Find More Posts by Norm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2004, 08:41 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,476 Posts
Our local club would have held one of those polar bear fly-in's too, but the darn weather just wouldn't cooperate.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Jan 01, 2004, 11:15 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,418 Posts
Norm,
Did you guys get any snow up your way, we did down here in Oregon.... The first plane in the air here was an electric from another club member, he was almost second, but my other buddies glow engine lagged on takeoff, and went into the grass before it was airborn.

After fixing the glow planes LG, I had the honors of the first ROG of the new year. He had the first wheeled landing. (Electric guy hand launched, and belly landed)

Happy New Year all.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2004, 11:56 PM
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2001
1,180 Posts
Hi Paul,
We got a light dusting of snow the other evening, but nothing today. North Whidbey Island seems to be in a bannana belt.

Norm
Norm is offline Find More Posts by Norm