HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:37 PM
Joined Jul 2012
355 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King is not a good service at times.

I made an order on the 16'th of february. On the 1'st of march they finally sent it. So much for 48 hour dispatch time. So i payed EMS shipping so that i can get my order in nearly 3 weeks.The worst part is they don't warn you of delays because of the Chinese new year. So this brings up a question: Should Hobbyking Stop new orders over their new year period? It's a Win-win situation, as the staff wouldn't be over-worked trying to finish orders. Customers would actually get their ''3-5 day EMS shipping'' Like they PAY FOR. I realize it's not hobbykings responsibility to Speed up the shipping service but they can sure as hell affect how fast they get it out of their under-staffed warehouse.
kamoflarj is offline Find More Posts by kamoflarj
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:33 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,461 Posts
A good rule of thumb is if you want something fast, buy local. I never pay for expedited shipping due to what you just experienced. Expedited shipping is a rip off.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:52 PM
LHS Life Support System
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2011
75 Posts
I've pretty much had my fill of HK. I have an order in the holding pattern because one item out of the 4 on the order was back ordered without my knowledge or okay. The item was shown as available when I placed my order. Somewhere along the line, it jumped the tracks. My order has been on hold since Feb. 13. I've asked HK when they expect to ship and they referenced an already shipped order. Yeah right. I gave them the correct order number and they're playing dumb by referencing a different order number. This is just irritating. I've given them until close of business Monday to respond appropriately or I will open a dispute with paypal. I don't want store credit from HK as I seriously doubt that I will ever shop there again.
Texas Don is offline Find More Posts by Texas Don
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoflarj View Post
I made an order on the 16'th of february. On the 1'st of march they finally sent it. So much for 48 hour dispatch time. So i payed EMS shipping so that i can get my order in nearly 3 weeks.The worst part is they don't warn you of delays because of the Chinese new year. So this brings up a question: Should Hobbyking Stop new orders over their new year period? It's a Win-win situation, as the staff wouldn't be over-worked trying to finish orders. Customers would actually get their ''3-5 day EMS shipping'' Like they PAY FOR. I realize it's not hobbykings responsibility to Speed up the shipping service but they can sure as hell affect how fast they get it out of their under-staffed warehouse.
Sometimes it takes a good amount of time to actually get the item to the shipping provider, at times it's taken up to 7 days. Too long unless I'm willing to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
A good rule of thumb is if you want something fast, buy local. I never pay for expedited shipping due to what you just experienced. Expedited shipping is a rip off.
+1. Local is best for a whole host of reasons. Expedited shipping from overseas has never seemed a bargain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Don View Post
I've pretty much had my fill of HK. I have an order in the holding pattern because one item out of the 4 on the order was back ordered without my knowledge or okay. The item was shown as available when I placed my order. Somewhere along the line, it jumped the tracks. My order has been on hold since Feb. 13. I've asked HK when they expect to ship and they referenced an already shipped order. Yeah right. I gave them the correct order number and they're playing dumb by referencing a different order number. This is just irritating. I've given them until close of business Monday to respond appropriately or I will open a dispute with paypal. I don't want store credit from HK as I seriously doubt that I will ever shop there again.
I won't order anything from them is the "in stock" shows less than 5 items. To risky, I don't think their systems are quick enough to catch those last few sales. Check the vendor threads for US based companies that ship quick. Heads UP, Atlanta Hobby, Red Rocket, Value Hobby, Motion RC, Altitude Hobby are but a few. Fair pricing, reasonable shipping fees, and ship really fast. There are also the big box online retailers if all else fails.

Happy Flying!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)