HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:47 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
605 Posts
Not great but here's a video as my contribution to this thread and to subscribe to this thread. Still need to balance blades to get rid of the shakes.

3-2-13 - Armattan Flying outside HBC (7 min 33 sec)
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:06 PM
Joined Jan 2013
193 Posts
any ideas on how to make the video have less vibration?
I read somewhere to use a piece of doctor scholls gel inserts under the camera.. I didn't have any so I found the next best thing around the house. the gel thing out of a bra.. lol
yep you read that right some bra's have a gel or silicon padding thing in them and it seems to work pretty good. ill get a test vid tomorrow.. but is there any known ways to fix the vibration?

hey jdr what camera you using?
mr_3_0_5 is online now Find More Posts by mr_3_0_5
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:12 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Hey jdr00ejr

Thats was pretty good. I could see Walgreen's and McDonalds in the video so not to bad at all. I like the playground moves and the going inside at the end. Nice job I think.
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:19 PM
Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2011
395 Posts
Geeze.... so where are all the you-tube acro vids?
Torque66 is offline Find More Posts by Torque66
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:05 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Not great but here's a video as my contribution to this thread and to subscribe to this thread. Still need to balance blades to get rid of the shakes.
Looking pretty good! Flying back into the building at the end was a nice touch. I can't wait to see how balancing the blades helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_3_0_5 View Post
any ideas on how to make the video have less vibration? I read somewhere to use a piece of doctor scholls gel inserts under the camera.. I didn't have any so I found the next best thing around the house. the gel thing out of a bra.. lol yep you read that right some bra's have a gel or silicon padding thing in them and it seems to work pretty good. ill get a test vid tomorrow.. but is there any known ways to fix the vibration?
hey jdr what camera you using?
Indeed - there's a material called Sorbothane that is often used for things like insoles. It's supposed to be excellent at anti-vibration. From what I've been reading the trick is to find the right amounts in the right places. Cutting up some gel from Dr. Scholls (or the padding in a bra - not sure if that's the same stuff) is a great idea! I look forward to seeing how that works for you!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:31 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._3_3_5_5V.html

I'm testing this strobe on the back of the 355 right now. Seems to help. I've ordered a couple others as well... Might be worth a try...
Always looking for interesting lights can't wait to see how you like these.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:41 AM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
86 Posts
hi guys
i am in too
i have a :cnc355
and 2 more in de post next week (cnc355 ,armattan one )
i am happy to see Armattan is a live
regards Harry
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:13 AM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
86 Posts
i like to use des motors an Armattam one
you think is ok ??
esc 30a Flashed simon k
motor: mto 2000kv pull 450g
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Last edited by deltafly ch; Nov 30, 2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:12 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
605 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'm having fun with this thing.

Mr_3_0_5: Its an Emerson Action Cam which is like a cheap GoPro knock off. I paid $40 for it at Christmas time. I have a thick piece of foam (like what Chris shipped in the Armattan Box) mounted between the camera and the mount.

Cmeisteriii: thanks! It was fun and the playground moves and flying into the building are me still trying to figure out precision. All of that flight was with self level on, scaling at 50 but D/R at 70 on my DX6i.

Reckless: I'm sure the balancing will help but time has permitted it and its just not high on my list. Lol
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
6,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashpilot1 View Post
I am wondering about the ESC he uses the RCX from Myrcmart one do they have N fets?

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-20a-esc-...re-p-5513.html
Hi crashpilot. I only use the RCX ESCs when the F-20s at HK are out of stock. Mind you, when they came back in stock, I bought 260 of them and I plan to re-stock as soon as I'm down to about 60 of them. I find the F20s are better. Never had problems with them and they do have a pretty good reputation.

Thanks for starting the thread, js.

Bad news about the FPV frames, guys. I went out today to get some footage and things did not go so well. I love how it flies. very nice scale flying and very stable. I do not, howver, like how it crashes.... I destroyed it. I mean... COMPLETELY destroyed. 1 arm survived, the other three can be bent back easily, but the center plates are warped beyond hope. The elongated center plates are not up to the task. Back to the drawing board. I need to use 6061 alumi for such long plates, for one, and I need to rethink the design to make it tougher.

You know... It's a well known consensus that alumi isn't the best for FPV due to, I believe, vibration issues. This is something that I would have certainly mentioned selling these frames. My intention was to build something tough... Like my CNC acro frames. I think there is a market for something metal that won't break easily despite the downside of having to deal with more vibration. Epic fail. Needs to be more tough. I have crashed and cartwheeled my CNC frames to oblivion but NEVER destroyed one. In fact, I sold over 100 CNC acro frames now, and believe it or not, I only just recently received my first order for replacement center plates. I sure don't make any money selling parts! I never sold a single replacement arm. Not one.

Anyway... this is to say that I won't be producing the FPV frames until I redesign them. I simply refuse to sell something that isn't up to par with my other models in terms of durability, and in terms of me just liking what I sell. I will not sell something I don't like, and destroying frames is the very reason I started making my own frames. I certainly will not sell frames that can be easily destroyed like I destroyed my S370 demo model today. Not a chance.

Now does anyone want one on the cheap? I have 3 more samples Fair warning: Don't crash.

Sorry guys.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
6,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmilla39 View Post
Also, sometimes it's hard to get true feedback when the builder/company is involved in the thread. It would be good to see people explaining issues and posting upgrade options, subscribed!
Hey,

Please, do post issues, concerns and even dislikes. I like to hear the good, but also the bad and the ugly. I'm totally cool with criticism as I feel it can only help me think about what I build and help me improve . Don't be shy! Thread crapping in a classifieds thread is a different story. But this isn't the classifieds.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:21 PM
Air Bender
Joined Jan 2013
102 Posts
I don't have any issues of my own But it seems like once a model is out for a while, some of the experienced guys start posting cool tweaks or mods! The only thing I have done so far is put foam covers over my original legs. It helps me because I have granite counter tops and a glass table I work at. I have a half inch of give before the legs bottom out, Im not sure if this will help impact at all, we shall see...

bmilla39 is offline Find More Posts by bmilla39
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:26 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
378 Posts
Guys I have invited Chris to post here and keep us up to date with the happenings of Armattans. Keep all the good videos, ideas etc. coming. As Chris said he is interested in hearing the bad with the good. If we all work together we can make this a good place for exchange of ideas and information.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:29 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmilla39 View Post
I don't have any issues of my own But it seems like once a model is out for a while, some of the experienced guys start posting cool tweaks or mods! The only thing I have done so far is put foam covers over my original legs. It helps me because I have granite counter tops and a glass table I work at. I have a half inch of give before the legs bottom out, Im not sure if this will help impact at all, we shall see...

Wow nice job bmilla, I might have to look into getting a One
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:31 PM
Joined Apr 2007
463 Posts
Hi Chris,

Flew my armattan today,and it is awsome!..the combination of great frame,simonK esc's and those motors,really make the thing nice and positive to fly,and give you confidence to pull some great flips etc....soooo during a few of my flips.rolls etc ,,..i crashed a few times,and bent a couple of the legs on the 355,,,no problem,bent them back staraight and it flew like new....now how many times can you bend the legs straight before the alloy gets to weak?

Cheers simon
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon