HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:54 AM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
562 Posts
Discussion
Skyartec Wasp Nano..

I have pondered long and hard over this. I have read every single page of the Wasp thread and it's two main rivals(for me) - V922 and Super CP. My decision was based on a number of things. Firstly I wanted something with a programmable radio - out went the V922. I would have liked to support WLtoys as they introduced me to heli's and quads and I really am impressed with grin per buck with their products. But I'm over having one radio per heli.
Out went Walkera - I've mailed them twice and never had a reply. This was to do with 'becoming a new customer'. If they can't be bothered to reply to me when I say 'I want to spend some money buying your product' then what chance will I have when/If I have an issue with their product. Possibly the worst customer service I have encountered. I'm also not that convinced they won't suddenly discontinue what i have just purchased. As seems to be the case with them in the past.
So then we have Skyartec. I haven't read a thread on here when someone associated with Skyartec hasn't done their best to help. The offer for parts for a youtube vid is very, very clever IMO. It raises awareness of their product within social media and they will secure loyal customers with their 'bend over backwards' attitude towards helping and providing great customer care. Lastly most owners rave about the quality and 'prettyness'(if there is such a word) of the X3V. Which will be next on my shopping list - unless their quad turns out a bit good.
As my first CP I believe I have made a great choice. There seems no major issues with it - perhaps QC wasn't top notch at first but overall there isn't as many complaints as the V922. To be honest - I can't see me parting with any of my money for a Walkera product until they employ some form of customer care or service.
So my $200 went to Skyartec(I don't imagine they get it all but I am buying their product). I bought a Wasp Nano RTF and 2 of every spare that people have broken or worn out on the relevant thread.

Really looking forward to my Nano arriving
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
you'll have a lot of fun with it, flying a CP is big jump up from the FP.
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:18 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,666 Posts
Walkrea offers many more optuions with available products. You will find out later
if you ever plan on going on to other helis/quads.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:21 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,201 Posts
Cannafish,

Good choice on the Nano CP. Notwithstanding the very reasonabe price of Skyartec products, you will discover that Skyartec products are the best kept secret of the RC world.

The versatile programable 12-model memory NASA 701 transmitter that comes with the NANO is reliable and has all the necessary functions to fly the most basic all the way to full 3D, fixed wing and helis. Warbirds with flaps and retracts, need expo and D/R? No problem.

You can use the NASA 701 Tx from the NANO CP with the 250 class WASP X3S (w/o Tx) or WASP X3V (w/o Tx).

And just last Friday, I received the latest news from Skyartec, direct from the horse's mouth. They are coming out soon with a 450 Class Flybarless 6-Axis gyro stabilized heli.

So from entry level Nano CPs, one can move up to their high performance and very competitive 250 class offerings. Choose between the economical 3D capable X3S with plastic swash plate, rotor grips and tail rotor frame (just like rest of its 250 class competition) or choose the premium top of the class (IMO) X3V with beautiful and durable CNC rotor head/tail rotor frame.

With a 450 Class FBL 3D heli coming out soon, the Skyartec line pretty much covers or will cover a heli enthusiasts needs until he is ready for the big (and expensive) 500 class birds. All these Skyartec helis can be flown with the NASA 701 TX, a sleeper of a Transmitter.

Skyartec has everything a beginner and advanced heli pilot will need including reasonable prices.

Skyartec has been working quietly, and very hard these last 8 years developing their radio equipment, heliis and fixed wingers. I believe Skyartec is a manufacturer whose time has come.

They have excellent radios, helis and fixed wing planes. Their technology is up to date state of the art, relevant to the type of models they produce and they are able to deliver this quality at the most reasonable price levels currently unmatched by any other manufacturer.

So there, you have just discovered the best kept secret of the RC world.
easyrider604 is online now Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:34 PM
Joined Jan 2013
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Walkrea offers many more optuions with available products. You will find out later
if you ever plan on going on to other helis/quads.
Yes they do and I would have possibly gone for a Super CP. But I pride myself on my customer service. They have none and will get none of my money until they at least attempt some sort of customer service.

I am happy supporting Skyartec as this point. I am sure I will purchase from other manufacturers in the future - you can't have too many heli/quads IMO. But for me now, my Wasp nano is on the way and the piggy bank has a nice shiny picture of a X3V on it.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:40 PM
Joined Jan 2013
562 Posts
I have attempted to familarise myself with the instruction manual http://www.skyartec.com/UploadProPic...0CP_manual.pdf But it has left me completely bewildered.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:41 PM
Joined Jan 2013
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcCracken View Post
you'll have a lot of fun with it, flying a CP is big jump up from the FP.
I hope so. The quad was a big jump from my V911 but it taught me to be gentle with stick input. I love my quad and haven't flown anything else for last ten days
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:16 PM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
I hope so. The quad was a big jump from my V911 but it taught me to be gentle with stick input. I love my quad and haven't flown anything else for last ten days
Which quad do you have?
Psubob is offline Find More Posts by Psubob
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1,201 Posts
Quote:
I have attempted to familarise myself with the instruction manual http://www.skyartec.com/UploadProPic...0CP_manual.pdf But it has left me completely bewildered.
You're not the first one Skyartec can use some help in the manual department.

So what is it that you were looking for (in the manual)?
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:14 AM
Joined Jan 2013
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider604 View Post
You're not the first one Skyartec can use some help in the manual department.

So what is it that you were looking for (in the manual)?
Some help with owning my first RC heli that isn't a toy. I've only had WLtoys products so far. Put batts in radio and away you go. No instructions needed really. I have only been into this RC heli thing since Jan this year. So idel(chinglish?) up, throttle hold, pitch curves etc mean nothing to me at all. Hence my spares cost is way more than the RTF Wasp Nano I am expecting to break everything everyone else has twice.

Psubob - I have a V939 Quad. It falls out of the sky if your heavy handed on the sticks and power from standard LiPo's is pathetic after 90 secs. But it is way faster and way more agile than my V911 and it handles twice the amount of wind a V911 can.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:58 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
[
Psubob - I have a V939 Quad. It falls out of the sky if your heavy handed on the sticks and power from standard LiPo's is pathetic after 90 secs. But it is way faster and way more agile than my V911 and it handles twice the amount of wind a V911 can.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Canna, pretty much in the same boat as you just starting. I only have a v911 at this point and trying to figure out where to go next. Most people from what I read believe the quad is a good next step before the CP's.
Psubob is offline Find More Posts by Psubob
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
1,201 Posts
Here are two theads with info on the WASP NANO CP.

Ask any question here and an expert or two will provide you with an answer. As well, the US distributor and the CEO of Skyartec in China himself both participate in this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797621

Here's another WASP NANO thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1824417
Last edited by easyrider604; Mar 03, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:28 AM
Joined Feb 2013
738 Posts
Double check all linkages before doing anything with the Wasp nano. I didn't and had to rebuild the whole thing due to binding causing a lack of + pitch which led to a crash. Also unless you are planning on really taking your time slowly learning the heli, a simulator is a huge help (and cost savings if you try stuff way above your ability like me). I am certain I would have nothing flyable if I didn't first mess around on a simulator for a while (the wasp nano isn't overly durable). I don't believe there are any simulators that include the Wasp Nano but any micro CP should provide a rough idea of what it will be like.
Based on my experience, the difference going from FP to CP is probably many times greater than the difference in going from a v939 quad to a micro Cp heli.
woodsturning is online now Find More Posts by woodsturning
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:33 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Feb 2013
237 Posts
Quote:
Me too. Downloaded the manual (I'll be shopping for a V922 or similar before too long). This manual is about as confusing as anything I've tried to read out of China.

It'll be a worry when trying to "upgrade" to CP from FP and a good instruction manual is a longed for..
IanPellant is offline Find More Posts by IanPellant
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:06 AM
Bromsgrove
Joined Jul 2004
379 Posts
So my Wasp Nano has arrived - 15 days to the UK from Banggood. If you can wait you really can't argue with the service they provide. I am now looking forward to giving it the once over and getting it airborne. I will report back with my first impressions later!

Rich
rich_hodgetts is offline Find More Posts by rich_hodgetts