HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

A Day at the WRAM Show

Check out the Westchester Radio AeroModelers Show from an RC boater's perspective.

Splash

RC boater weighs in on the Westchester Radio AeroModelers Show.

RCGroups.com user frankg was on the floor at the WRAM show, here are some of his observations: Yesterday, the wife and I went to see old friends and business acquaintances at the WRAM Show, up in the Meadow Lands Expo Center.

There were a number of model boat companies there to show their wares. I am sorry to say that I did not take pictures of all the booths, but will list the ones in attendance. LOYALHANNA DOCKYARD, MIKE’S SUB WORKS, RAM R/C MODELS, and SHIPS N THINGS. Clubs and Originations attending were: NORTH AMERICAN MODEL BOAT Assoc. (NAMBA), and THE SUB COMMITTEE. One of the interesting things was that MAPLE GATE GROUPS was present and handing out the two new issues of RC BOAT, the new model boat magazine which I started a thread about on the forum DOCK TALK. In talking to most of the modelers in attendance at the show, I did a little survey asking one question: where do you obtain information about your hobby? Without question, the answer was, "on the internet forums." Even without any presence at the show in the form of a booth, the internet forums, have to my mind, become the greatest tool a modeler will ever learn to use.