New Products Flash Sale

RC Convair 990 & 880 EDF Airliners!

RCGroups.com user demondriver documents the "build of a lifetime."

Splash

Convair Build Thread

RCGroups.com user demondriver wants you along for the ride and welcomes your input as he documents his Convair 990 & 880 EDF airliners. Here's what he has to say:

The time has come my friends! I can't delay this build any longer, I've been waiting my entire adult life to start my Convair 990 & 880 build! This very well could be the first time either one of these jets has been modeled in RC form. I hope to build these in my conventional way with a single bird as the "mold mule" to make molds of the nose, tail, and engine nacelles for the 990 & 880.

This build will be a tad slow for the next 2 months with SEFF and Joe Nall 2013 coming up, but after these shows, these 990 & 880 builds will really heat up!

This build might be one of my last for 2013 considering how many other projects are underway. I expect to have The JAL & American birds finished by the end of this Summer.

The most important thing is your input, ideas, and suggestions on this build! I look forward to all conversations as I construct these 4-engined giants!