HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:15 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
Just finished a BMFA Gyminnie Cricket, bought three years ago at the Nationals, it needs test flying , but its balanced and as far as I can go.
Its not much compared with the builds many of you do, but I am pleased with it.

Not my picture.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:14 PM
Government is a fearful master
United States, TX, Farwell
Joined Feb 2001
157 Posts
Midway through a Seagull model Dual Ace with 2 Turnigy G 46
Having fun with EDF, I have a Banana Hobby 70MM EDF mig 15 that needs a motor, a Jpower 50mm EDF A 10 and a Dynam 70mm EDF Me 262 that are in the box waiting their turn.
Then I have some other warbirds, a Hanger 9 Spitfire with an Astro 60 that needs retracts and an in the box VQ model Zero slated for another Astro 60.
I also need to repair a couple of gliders that need motor replacement.
electroman7 is offline Find More Posts by electroman7
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:32 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
952 Posts
One of these:

http://www.laruetactical.com/sites/d...lthupper12.jpg
craab is offline Find More Posts by craab
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:09 PM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Well, I wouldnt exactly say building, but I just started assembling a new Great Planes, Super Stearman, seems to be a cool plane. Its replacing a beautiful Eflite Taylorcraft, that flew fantastic, that I flew into the ground a few weeks back. No sense in buying a new Taylorcraft cause ya always have to have something different.
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:22 PM
supreme being of leisure
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined Jul 2004
2,085 Posts
trying to find time to finish up this engine:

still need to sort out the carb and ignition. once done with that i'll start on a plane for it. will be something big with about 3m span.

also need to get started on a new transmitter to replace this:

new one will have gimbals of my own design and a better control layout based on what i learned from that one. big hurdle is to design a new PCB for the encoder. haven't done that in ages and it isn't like getting back on a bike...need to stop putting it off and just do it
ZAGNUT is online now Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:24 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,150 Posts
I'm building a control line model for Old Time Stunt competition. It is the 1951 Italian Stunt Champion. I'm scaling it up from a 1/4 page drawing in the 1951 Aeromodeller Annual. It is profile, no rudder, @ 32 in wingspan, and will be powered by an MVVS Junior 2 cc diesel. I do not expect to see another one of the flying field.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:44 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,783 Posts
TF P-51 GE with 90 e-power. Need a good set of electric retracts. Wow planes B-25 waiting to sand primer. Scratch built Zero for my son to chase my Daunltess around and a scratch 1969 Snow Commander Cropduster.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:45 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,053 Posts
I started a scratchbuild of a mini sonic liner based off the guts of a parkzone mosquito a couple months ago but got sidetracked with health issues .We're presently in Perry ,Ga for the big swap meet ...hope to pick up a few bargains tomorrow before we hit the road to atlanta to see my kids and grands before we push on back to good ole West Va.Once back home ,depending on what I picked up at Perry I'll prolly finish the SL and move on to other builds .This summer though we'll be traveling quite a bit so building will take a backseat again for a while.
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:55 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,390 Posts
I'm working on a Ziroli Stuka.
Broken Wings is offline Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:12 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,488 Posts
I'm on a scratchbuilt 1/8 Citabria Pro (48"), for 3S power. It's going well.

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:31 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,783 Posts
Nice, I used to fly a Bakeng Duece . Loved the wind in your teeth flying.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:33 PM
Joined Aug 2003
2,626 Posts
I'm porting some Arduino code from an older board to a newer version, the difference is in the sensors, the libraries they use and how they initialize. It almost works and then something new goes wrong or the computer breaks. I've been at it for about a year.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:03 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
Just finished a BMFA Gyminnie Cricket, bought three years ago at the Nationals, it needs test flying , but its balanced and as far as I can go.
Its not much compared with the builds many of you do, but I am pleased with it.

Not my picture.
Don't knock it

A that's REAL aeromodelling (rather than ARF 'model flying'....) and B - if you can trim and make that fly then you're in about the top 1% of todays 'model fliers' - no question
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:41 PM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,534 Posts
I gutted and remodeled a rental house in 29 days! (Previous tenant was a filthy, nasty person. She has to be the grossest dirtiest woman on this here Earth!) Three other guys helped me with some stuff. All that's left is to put in a washer and dryer. Now I can start building model airplanes again. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:48 PM
United States, TX, Cibolo
Joined Nov 2011
328 Posts
Starting a Piper Tomahawk, Its from Tom Mansell, beta building to make sure everything goes together well for short kits to come soon, its in the Scale electric section under 41" Tomahawk.
Hollywood2979 is offline Find More Posts by Hollywood2979