HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:53 AM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,035 Posts
Foxtech W48-30 370 mod

I have been building mine and must say that I got myself in a little pickle...I fell in love with motors that don't fit on this frame. I had to do a mod to get the motor to mount, but I must say that these Foxtech W48-30 370kv look pretty cool when mounted. Still waiting on my esc's and electronics.
zagimon is offline Find More Posts by zagimon
Last edited by zagimon; Mar 05, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:44 PM
In progress...
Estonia, Tartu County, Tartu
Joined Jul 2012
214 Posts
Does the Tarot Ironman really weigh 1,6 KG like the data states?

Could someone tell me the weights of:

*One carbon tube
*Both centerplates
*Landing gear
*Motor mounts
*Full kit
Skewp is offline Find More Posts by Skewp
Last edited by Skewp; Mar 05, 2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:56 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
I had the same issue, but I bolted the motor to the carbon mount with the 4 screws that bolt the carbon plate to the aluminum motor mount already in the carbon fiber mount this allowed me to slowly bolt the motor and mount to the aluminum, It was a pain but it worked great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagimon View Post
I have been building mine and must say that I got myself in a little pickle...I fell in love with motors that don't fit on this frame. I had to do a mod to get the motor to mount, but I must say that these Foxtech W48-30 370kv look pretty cool when mounted. Still waiting on my esc's and electronics.
hixon_blues is offline Find More Posts by hixon_blues
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
I have the cinestar mount but I am not sure if it will work I may have to add extra mounting brackets to it but all in all it should work fine, I would just fab your own since it isnt a perfect fit,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoares View Post
Hi, hixon_blues, I've just ordered 2 sets of these vibration dampeners for my octo, thanks to you . :-)
Could you please tell me where have you found that gimbal cinestar-like carbon plate? Is it a clone or a original cinestar plate?

Opss, just edited... it is a cinestar, sorry, you've mentioned it.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
More Photos!! Figured out wiring!!

Ok so here is my final installation of the ESC's

It is working out great so far I was able to slide the esc bullet connectors into the arms and I stuffed some packing foam in with them to hold them in place.

I routed the power distribution cables through the top of the frame, plugged everything up and added the the small plate with 30mm standoffs to protect the wiring and it looks great.

This will give me a clean top plate for mounting the wookong flight controller and all the accessories.

I took one of the tube clamps off one of my cinestar legs and it fit the GPS post perfect so I bolted that up too.

NOTE: I will be heat shrinking all my bullet connector fittings so they do not wiggle out and if I need to unhook them ill cut the heat shrink and disconnect.

Is there an issue with mounting the IMU near the power wires?
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:44 PM
Professional UAV Services
Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixon_blues View Post
Ok so here is my final installation of the ESC's

It is working out great so far I was able to slide the esc bullet connectors into the arms and I stuffed some packing foam in with them to hold them in place.

I routed the power distribution cables through the top of the frame, plugged everything up and added the the small plate with 30mm standoffs to protect the wiring and it looks great.

This will give me a clean top plate for mounting the wookong flight controller and all the accessories.

I took one of the tube clamps off one of my cinestar legs and it fit the GPS post perfect so I bolted that up too.

NOTE: I will be heat shrinking all my bullet connector fittings so they do not wiggle out and if I need to unhook them ill cut the heat shrink and disconnect.

Is there an issue with mounting the IMU near the power wires?
I recommend you twist all the power wires to reduce the magnetic field interference, the further you can get the controller and GPS away from major power conduits the better.

Looking good mate
Redemptioner is offline Find More Posts by Redemptioner
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:13 PM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixon_blues View Post
I had the same issue, but I bolted the motor to the carbon mount with the 4 screws that bolt the carbon plate to the aluminum motor mount already in the carbon fiber mount this allowed me to slowly bolt the motor and mount to the aluminum, It was a pain but it worked great!
My motor wouldn't even sit on the carbon plate because the screws got in the way. I'm posting a thread to show the steps as there is no other way to get this motor on the arm plate with out additional purchase.
zagimon is offline Find More Posts by zagimon
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:16 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,025 Posts
posted here if it related to iRonman 1000. i having a hard time install the screws too. it going to scratch the hack out of my motor looking for a better way
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:30 AM
Joined Mar 2013
57 Posts
I just almost got my ironman1000 done. now looking for a way to mount my gimbal.
rctaco is offline Find More Posts by rctaco
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:04 AM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctaco View Post
I just almost got my ironman1000 done. now looking for a way to mount my gimbal.
more pictures please where did you hide all your esc???
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:32 AM
Joined Mar 2013
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
more pictures please where did you hide all your esc???
i put them under the motor mounts
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:12 AM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Looks good. How did you stick the Wookong IMU down? Did you just stick it on top of the screws?
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:44 AM
Joined Mar 2013
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
Looks good. How did you stick the Wookong IMU down? Did you just stick it on top of the screws?
i used a 3M adhesive tape. i stick it on the portion that does not have screw.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Mar 2013
57 Posts
i consider this copter is a monster sized one. so far its weight is 4500g (picture shown). including my gimbal, it should be heavier than 5000g.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:25 AM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,331 Posts
Did not weight mine with 8 mt3515 and 2 x 5A 6S bats + gimbal this thing is for sure a beast.
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred