SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:56 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,330 Posts
Don't want to hijack this thread but here are some pictures of my build.

Still need some tie-wrap work for the ESCs.
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:18 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfred View Post

Hey you are more than welcome to post anything about your iRonman 1000 here in fact I think it better to keep everything here it easy for everybody to follow.

To other owner of ironman 1000 please post you build here. All the idea or anything you can come up with
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:38 PM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,031 Posts
Sounds like a great idea.
zagimon is offline Find More Posts by zagimon
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:44 PM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,031 Posts
zagimon is offline Find More Posts by zagimon
Last edited by zagimon; Mar 03, 2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: can't get my ecalc data to post never mind
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:52 PM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
1,945 Posts
Mine it still lean again the wall nothing much to it I just put all the arm together and the landing tripod but havnt mount the landing tripod to the frame yet. It look like drill hole in the arm to have esc between the plate is a good idea just a little worry about the drilled hole goin to cut the wires causing short. Did you have anything to cover the holes or the wires metalfred?

One thing though. This thing is huge. I though my s800 is big when I put it together and now this I freaking me out. To those that having idea gonna hide from your lady I don't think it will work lol. Because there no way you can hide this thing. S800 just fit in the case this no way it well fit anywhere
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:14 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
Quote:

This looks awesome!

I was thinking about only running 2 of the outer clamps see this post here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post24083377

This would allow easy access for the wires to run through but might make the frame less stable. Most the other large octo frames only have 2 sets of clamps like this set up so it may be worth a try...

Any thoughts?
hixon_blues is offline Find More Posts by hixon_blues
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:29 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,330 Posts
I guess it would be ok but the 3 clamps make this frame very very solid... signs of a quality frame and vibrations free videos!
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:34 PM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
1,945 Posts
I forgot that I saw that picture of just two clamp instead if 3. That might work I was thinking getting these aluminum for the out side and plastic on the inside what do you guys thing

http://m.oomodel.com/item_detail/645...+Seat+Dia+25MM
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
So I know im all over the place right now but this seems like the cleanest way to install. It will keep the frame uncluttered.

I can run the power wires down the tube through the motor mount. This will also make removal of the arms way quicker.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
ESC's Mounted

Ok so I finally made a decision on where I am going to mount my esc's I decided to go for the top plate see the photos below But now after looking at it for a little bit I may flip the frame over and have the esc's mounted on the bottom. My main concern with mounting them on the bottom was the gimbal but it is looking like I will have the space to mount my anti vibe mounts that I picked up from secraft on the bottom along with the esc's.

As you can see I removed the plate from the inside of the fram as a possible base for the WKM controller but If I flip the frame I may be able to get rid of it all together.

We will see though... but for now I am having a blast with this thing and am loving every second of it!!
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
Secraft anti vibe mounts!!

These things are great and at $65 LESS than the cinestar mounts their F#!%@*^ AMAZING!

I bought 8 to have 4 of the hard and 4 of the medium washers and its nice to have extra parts lying around.

These are just quick test fitments on the cinestar gimbal plate I am not too sure how I'll actually fit them to the frame... but I will mess with this on a later date because I really need to get this thing in the air first.

Oh btw.. anyone know a good place to buy the gold bullet connectors that will fit the hobby wing 40a esc? My local hobby show was trying to sell them to me at $2.50 for 2 and I need 24 thats ridiculous... I so often want to buy local but they make it hard sometimes.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:20 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Quote:

Impressed with your clean workspace in the background! love the organizer's
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:07 AM
Professional UAV Services
Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixon_blues View Post

These things are great and at $65 LESS than the cinestar mounts their F#!%@*^ AMAZING!

I bought 8 to have 4 of the hard and 4 of the medium washers and its nice to have extra parts lying around.

These are just quick test fitments on the cinestar gimbal plate I am not too sure how I'll actually fit them to the frame... but I will mess with this on a later date because I really need to get this thing in the air first.

Oh btw.. anyone know a good place to buy the gold bullet connectors that will fit the hobby wing 40a esc? My local hobby show was trying to sell them to me at $2.50 for 2 and I need 24 thats ridiculous... I so often want to buy local but they make it hard sometimes.
Hate to say it but I am going to anyways...HobbyKing.....(going to go wash my mouth out with soap now)

or 10 pair $4 at RCtimer and free postage for the crappy ones and $8 for the good ones
Redemptioner is offline Find More Posts by Redemptioner
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:52 AM
Brazil, AL, Maceió
Joined Mar 2012
498 Posts
Hi, hixon_blues, I've just ordered 2 sets of these vibration dampeners for my octo, thanks to you . :-)
Could you please tell me where have you found that gimbal cinestar-like carbon plate? Is it a clone or a original cinestar plate?

Opss, just edited... it is a cinestar, sorry, you've mentioned it.
alsoares is offline Find More Posts by alsoares
Last edited by alsoares; Mar 05, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:41 AM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
1,945 Posts
eBay seller name Hobbymate.rc I got 20pairs for $10 shipped fast from cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixon_blues View Post

Last edited by Askyvision; Mar 05, 2013 at 10:49 AM.