HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:33 AM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Build Log
Tarot iRon Man 1000 Octocopter Build

I just got my Tarot 1000 in today. I ordered from Foxtech.com on Friday 22nd 2013 express shipping.

My setup as below

Tarot iron man 1000
Sunny Sky V3508-29 380kv motor
RCTimer HVSK-40A ESC 40A (OPTO)
14x4.7 Carbon fiber propeller

YS-X4 flight controller or Wookong(currently on my S800 now)
Turnigy 4s 5000mah i can slap the 6s in there if need it because the motor and esc are 6s compatible.

------------------------------

I dont know if any part are missing or not because i have not build yet. I just took them out of the box to see and take picture will start the build tomorrow
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:38 AM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
update
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:39 AM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
more pictures
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:40 AM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
more pictures for the build
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:40 AM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
test flight here. Hopefully
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:50 AM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
i love the matte look
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:56 AM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,336 Posts
This is going to be a nice build! I was wondering how / where will you mount the ESCs? on the motor plates or between the center plates?
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:55 AM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,035 Posts
Looks like foxtech is sold out on these. I'm still waiting on my esc and other stuff.
zagimon is offline Find More Posts by zagimon
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:19 AM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,035 Posts
I'm thinking of stacking 2 esc's so they will fit between every other arm which will reserve future space also.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 12:28 PM
Albuquerque USA
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
my esc wont be here till Tuesday. They just shipped today. ESC is the only component that im waiting for. I have 14' carbon, battery, motors, pretty much everything

I bought the last one from Foxtech. This guys have it for $419 and they also have a lots more parts for Tarot multicopter too check it out. Im going to order some part from them since foxtech dont have part for it.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:41 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
I bought one from cnchelicopter.com for $429.99. They are in the US so I got it in 3 or 4 days.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:51 PM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,035 Posts
Good to know that local suppliers have parts. Got my apm 2.5 from 3D robotics with the LEA-6H and RC timer esc's on the way still. I have a 6S 4400 for just testing. Will just get some these new A-grade nano packs that are on back order.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:19 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
563 Posts
Asky -

Your kit looks good! Thanks for the build log. I will be following it. I already emailed RCMike after I saw yours telling him that now I want one!

May I ask: Will you be installing any sort of vibration isolation on the bottom of this bird (for hanging a camera gimbal on)?

On my Cinestar Clone (which is also known as the SkyKnight Fixed X8-1100) I ended up adding the "REAL" Cinestar vibration dampeners and the "REAL" Cinestar gimbal vibration plate. Those items cost almost as much as my entire frame!

I also had to do some hole modification on my frame to make those things fit.

So anyway, I'm wondering if you will be doing anything similar, or if you will simply hard-mount the gimbal to the bottom of your bird.

One thing I learned about AFTER I built mine is that Secraft sells these anti-vibration dampeners. . . which look like they could work equally well if not better than the C-Star ones! You could add these to a custom bottom plate, or just to the bottom plate of your bird.

Just a suggestion. Thanks again for the build log - it looks good!
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:56 PM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,035 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to use depron as a damper or heard of such? I have the 3mm stuff for my scratch builds and think maybe the foam would act as a good medium. Im thinking about a damper for the motors mounts between the 2 carbon plates.
Last edited by zagimon; Mar 01, 2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: ms
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:19 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
Just picked up 4 od those secraft dampeners at $5 each from secraft's website I will be using the cinestar 3 axis with their mount plate on my ironman 1000 ill let you know how it works out. Ill be joining this build thread soon so keep an eye out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneBuilder View Post
Asky -

Your kit looks good! Thanks for the build log. I will be following it. I already emailed RCMike after I saw yours telling him that now I want one!

May I ask: Will you be installing any sort of vibration isolation on the bottom of this bird (for hanging a camera gimbal on)?

On my Cinestar Clone (which is also known as the SkyKnight Fixed X8-1100) I ended up adding the "REAL" Cinestar vibration dampeners and the "REAL" Cinestar gimbal vibration plate. Those items cost almost as much as my entire frame!

I also had to do some hole modification on my frame to make those things fit.

So anyway, I'm wondering if you will be doing anything similar, or if you will simply hard-mount the gimbal to the bottom of your bird.

One thing I learned about AFTER I built mine is that Secraft sells these anti-vibration dampeners. . . which look like they could work equally well if not better than the C-Star ones! You could add these to a custom bottom plate, or just to the bottom plate of your bird.

Just a suggestion. Thanks again for the build log - it looks good!
hixon_blues is offline Find More Posts by hixon_blues