HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
96 Posts
Discussion
So What's that ONE little thing ???

So what is that one little thing? That one part, one repair, one adjustment, one little task that wears out your patience and makes you want to scream....
Oh, C'MON ALREADY!!!

Tonight I was going to replace the skids on my 450. The spare skids I have are Align and I'm trying to get that Little black ball cap into the end of the tube. The backs went in fine but the fronts..... Oh C'MON !! 22 attempts later. Shave the edges, spit, soap, pliers, tweezers and ........
/ Walks Away

I'm sure everyone has one of those little things, that should be so much easier than it is and makes you wanna scream....or walk away.

Paul
PCaola is offline Find More Posts by PCaola
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:02 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
The bottom Jesus bolt always gives me hell, I don't know why. The servo tabs on the old helis like the 450SA used to bother me until I learned to just glue them on

The caps on the legs are a pain, but the one-piece gear solves that issue. The Pro is a little easier to work on too because of only the two frames instead of four.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:45 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I use a tapered reamer, then a bit of CA on the skid caps.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:32 AM
RC Heli Junky
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Feb 2013
82 Posts
you mean like when you take off a servo horn to set the POT you get every thing back together and then for some ungodly reason the same horn wont go back on and your like

WHAT THE OMG what sorcery is this HOW..... is this even possible

true story it took me like 2 hours to get it back on lol thats include taking random breaks to pull my hair out and kick my little chiwawa across the room out of anger lol

not really i would never hurt an animal but i wanted too lol
countrybo89 is offline Find More Posts by countrybo89
Last edited by countrybo89; Mar 01, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:59 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,436 Posts
The plastic servo-retaining thingies on my T-Rex 500 caused me a lot of grief the other day -- especially the ones for the "elevator" servo. Stuck them in place with 2-sided sticky tape, but they pushed off when I inserted the screws; stuck them with CA, and they still came off the first couple of times. Eventually CA and kicker, and wait while they cured, did the job.

For the front two servos I eventually removed the battery mounting plate, and was able to get my fingers in to hold them in place. But to do that I had to Dremel a slot in one of the soft-as-chocolate Align screws I suppose I could have removed the anti-rotation bracket to do the same at the rear ...
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
96 Posts
Ooops

How many have dropped a screw or nut or washer. On the bench or worse....on the floor?

I've spent 20-30 minutes with a 275 lumen flash light looking for a screw that's gone! I'm serious.....it must be gone!! Because its not HERE! Did it accelerate to the speed of vaporization on the way down? Maybe it caught a thermal and drifted to my neighbors house? Maybe it's being coy and playing hide and seek? I believe if I had a Toshiba VGX1000 forensic evidence vacuum that it STILL would not turn up...because its NOT HERE!. And that's not counting the times I DID FIND IT stuck to the motor, or one of my magnetic tools that I hung back on the magnabar. Or once, inside my sneaker? REALLY!?!?

Paul
PCaola is offline Find More Posts by PCaola
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:26 PM
United States, OR
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
the damn tail alignment!!!!!!! crap electronics.......
dracozny is offline Find More Posts by dracozny
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:52 PM
Where's the swimming pool
Joined Jul 2011
928 Posts
@#!$@@$ 130X tail... lol... But when she flies, she flies gooooood....
spykez is offline Find More Posts by spykez
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I learn from my mistakes usually. Like installing the boom and adjusting the belt tension before realizing I forgot to mount the servo and pushrod guides on a 450 or 500. I've only done that 4 or 5 times.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined, and only could complain about disconnecting links in tight quarters with my Align link pliers.

I don't hate anything, except for the dumb thumb where I have to spend another 3 hours on the bench when I am too unfocused to fly that last battery of the day.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777