HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

RC PT Boat – 3 Engines and 3 Rudders

Everyone loves scale boats and this tri-motor PT really has some nice details!

Splash

RC PT BOAT – 3 Engines and 3 Rudders

Take a look at this beautiful PT scale RC boat!

With its striking profile, high speeds, and maneuverability, you have an extremely authentic recreation of the real PT 109!

In the water, the ship's scale wake and its stable maneuverability are exceptional. Further, the ship's 3 electric engines and electronic speed control provide extremely realistic power and the ability to vary or maintain speeds with smooth and precise accuracy. With its deep vee hull design, wave and chop are no match for the famous PT 109.

RC PT-109 BOAT 3 ENGINE VERSION HIGH DETAILED (2 min 10 sec)

Dimensions of the PT boat:

• Overall Length: 30.7 in. (78cm)
  • Width: 7.87 in. (20cm)
  • Construction materials: exceptionally strong fiberglass hull (FRP) with metal and resin fittings/parts
  • Power: ship is powered by three 540 electric engines and props
  • Batteries: requires one 2500-3000mAh battery and charger (not included)
  • RC System: includes Futaba 2 channel digital scale transmitter/controller includes receiver and 2 servos)
  • Rudder: 3 scale rudders
  • Prop: 3 brass props (3 blade)

VISIT THE WEBSITE

Discussion

Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:24 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,747 Posts
Not bad looking for a little RTR model... scale enthusiasts may want to correct the starboard prop, as real Elcos had all three turning in the same direction.
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,984 Posts
This is an advertisement for RC Scale Models company?
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:20 PM
KC8WPF
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
3,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350 View Post
Not bad looking for a little RTR model... scale enthusiasts may want to correct the starboard prop, as real Elcos had all three turning in the same direction.
That would be the cheaper fix. For true scale realism out of the water, they would need to replace the center and port props.
CG Bob is offline Find More Posts by CG Bob
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:05 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,672 Posts
Looks nice and at least there are real brass props instead of cheapo plastic ones.
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:51 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,173 Posts
SHOULD, be pretty good for $1,000.00, plus tax and shipping! These RTR's, are getting real expensive. CaptCB
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:25 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,624 Posts
That guy still in business? Screw the PT, I'm saving up my pennies for "ONE OF THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL MODELS EVER CREATED. THOUSANDS OF MAN HOURS TO COMPLETE, THIS SHIP IS A MASTERPIECE OF READY TO RUN MODELING!!" incredible 4' long Emma Maersk for the amazing low price of only $4950.00. Of course I could but direct from VIPO for somewhat less.
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:24 AM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined May 2012
78 Posts
The detail is amazing on this PT. In looking at this video, is it me or is the bow plowing in the water? I am sensitive to this as the PT 109 was one of the first RC models I built in my youth and the battery was in the wrong place which caused the bow to plow and even torpedo at times. Might need to balance this boat or different weight distribution to help with getting it on plane? Nice boat though...
GSPI is offline Find More Posts by GSPI
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:52 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,842 Posts
GSPI- You are not seeing things. The boat is plowing water like crazy and not at all planed off. I don’t know if a simple repositioning of the batteries will help with the trim. They should have water tested the model and corrected the balance before making the video.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:32 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,111 Posts
Seems to me there has been problems with this company in the past as reported on the forum.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton