Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:54 AM
Return of the Warlord
United Kingdom, England, Wallington
Joined Aug 2009
209 Posts
Discussion
futaba s-fhss 6ch in boat

hi all

I have a spare 6ch s-fhss receiver which i was think of using in my pursuit.

My guess is that it should work without problem

Any ideas
vernon7026 is offline Find More Posts by vernon7026
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:59 AM
there is no spoon...
Pueblo, Colorado
Joined Jul 2005
594 Posts
I have the 8ch version that I temorarily use in a sailboat..it's all the same 2.4 stuff as far as I know..
Cap232ac is offline Find More Posts by Cap232ac
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:13 AM
Return of the Warlord
United Kingdom, England, Wallington
Joined Aug 2009
209 Posts
Should i stick one antenna up the tube? ? Or just leave both in boat
vernon7026 is offline Find More Posts by vernon7026
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:25 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,273 Posts
I use a DX7S and it works perfectly, just with the radio hanging out inside the boat.
I haven't tried it on a boat with carbon yet but I am building one.
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:38 AM
there is no spoon...
Pueblo, Colorado
Joined Jul 2005
594 Posts
I've heard the antenas NEED to stick up in an antenna tube...I've been using it inside the boat without any problems but it's a sailboat..not the fastest thing on the water..I've ordered a Fly Sky radio and a couple receivers from Hobby Patrz for my faster boat and future faster boats . The antennas on those receivers are longer and that's probably what people are talking about.
I'm not sure what the isue is, but the first Spectrum radios had problems with the fuselage blocking the signal from the receiver in airplanes, hence DSM2...hasn't happened to me in any model air or surface but I figure why take the chance.
Cap232ac is offline Find More Posts by Cap232ac
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:59 PM
United States, OH, Celina
Joined Aug 2007
44 Posts
Not elegant, but I slide a piece of flexible plastic tubing over a small nail so it sticks up and slide one antenna into that. It holds the antenna above the waterline , but bends over when the hatch is installed, so that nothing is visible from outside the boat.
lwahls1 is offline Find More Posts by lwahls1
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:38 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap232ac View Post
I've heard the antenas NEED to stick up in an antenna tube...I've been using it inside the boat without any problems but it's a sailboat..not the fastest thing on the water..I've ordered a Fly Sky radio and a couple receivers from Hobby Patrz for my faster boat and future faster boats . The antennas on those receivers are longer and that's probably what people are talking about.
I'm not sure what the isue is, but the first Spectrum radios had problems with the fuselage blocking the signal from the receiver in airplanes, hence DSM2...hasn't happened to me in any model air or surface but I figure why take the chance.
Unless it's carbon/kevlar it'll be fine. Spektrum makes special receivers for carbon fuselage planes that have really long whisker like antenna so they can stick out of the fuselage.

In a fiberglass, wood or plastic boat you'll be fine with the antenna inside only.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons