HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:27 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
Discussion
Update Banana Hobby Files Bankruptcy moving out of new location today I told you so

Banana Hobby Has increased its prices site wide in less than one year
the SU-35 went from $275 to $352.90 for the same ARF, And heres
the real insane price change their RedStar Mig29 ARF went from $249.90 to 269.90
now it's $429.90 even the cost of all kits only as well have seen a price incease
totally ridiculous.Generally if a business does somthing drastic as this
it's fighting for it's survival and as far as im concerned I bid them farewell
before I pay that much for a foamie.

http://www.bananahobby.com/7-ch-free...f-jet-arf.html

http://www.bananahobby.com/12-ch-bli...f-jet-arf.html
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Last edited by Forrest Gump 23; May 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:22 AM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
Banana Hobby Has increased its prices site wide in less than one year
the SU-35 went from $275 to $352.90 for the same ARF, And heres
the real insane price change their RedStar Mig29 ARF went from $249.90 to 269.90
now it's $429.90 even the cost of all kits only as well have seen a price incease
totally ridiculous.Generally if a business does somthing drastic as this
it's fighting for it's survival and as far as im concerned I bid them farewell
before I pay that much for a foamie.

http://www.bananahobby.com/7-ch-free...f-jet-arf.html

http://www.bananahobby.com/12-ch-bli...f-jet-arf.html
No they didnt If you click on the plane the price goes way down so those 2 jets you said where $429 are $299
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:44 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
No they didnt If you click on the plane the price goes way down so those 2 jets you said where $429 are $299
Good Eye cause I didn't click on buy now, I saw the face value price BH needs to correct their site then.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:49 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,626 Posts
Quote:
Good Eye cause I didn't click on buy now, I saw the face value price BH needs to correct their site then.
I think there doing that on purpose
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:05 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
I think there doing that on purpose
Agreed,I think they are trying to see if we noticed, Or if they can pull it off without us noticing.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:50 AM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,626 Posts
Well know they just raised all the FMS planes to match MotionRc
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:24 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Yeah that's what you would call a "fatal error" - Motion RC has significantly more appeal right now. Their business model, clean web interface, spare parts availability and standout customer awareness/service are clearly superior. All things being equal, they win head-to-head by a landslide.

This would be the best time for BH to use its greatest strength (volume of sales) and press with a huge sale in order to crush the startup operation before it can build a large customer base. Once people start seeing that the prices are similar between the two FMS suppliers, they'll notice that Motion offers free shipping and has less complaints (They're relatively new, to be fair)... Not too hard to see where things go from there. If they continue to follow through with parts inventory and support, former BH customers are gone for good.

BH - I'm no marketing major, but this is bad for business. I've been looking for an alternative supplier of FMS planes for a while (As have others) and the only thing holding me back was how much more expensive Motion RC was. Now that the price difference is gone, the decision is way too easy.

Question - Does BH happen to supply Motion RC with FMS products? That would be an interesting twist in the plot, and help explain why prices were raised. If not, this is just one of those things that makes you shake your head and wonder what the thought process was.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:18 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
BH is not supplying Motion Rc with any FMS products, This is what happened BH didn't have the money to repay FMS planes ordered so FMS opened the door to another distributor in the USA in order to keep the flow of sales going in the USA.

Secondly FMS seen BH site sold most of all it's product without reordering
new product this left FMS no choice to allow a second distributor or take a loss
on sales in USA. NP did the same thing to FMS and they smarten up by observing the same pattern trend in BH.

Lastly, Be on the look out for an LX Models reseller in the USA its the envitable
BH owes them as well and can't pay the balance on supplies recieved on cosignment. as for freewing BH short changed them and still got some product to restock but it wont be long if BH doesn't get some type of Bail out their ponce scheme will soon fold.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:39 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Aug 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
BH is not supplying Motion Rc with any FMS products, This is what happened BH didn't have the money to repay FMS planes ordered so FMS opened the door to another distributor in the USA in order to keep the flow of sales going in the USA.

Secondly FMS seen BH site sold most of all it's product without reordering
new product this left FMS no choice to allow a second distributor or take a loss
on sales in USA. NP did the same thing to FMS and they smarten up by observing the same pattern trend in BH.

Lastly, Be on the look out for an LX Models reseller in the USA its the envitable
BH owes them as well and can't pay the balance on supplies recieved on cosignment. as for freewing BH short changed them and still got some product to restock but it wont be long if BH doesn't get some type of Bail out their ponce scheme will soon fold.

Do you actually have proof for all that or are you just guessing?
rogue wolf is offline Find More Posts by rogue wolf
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:18 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
If I didn't have proof id sure as heck wouldn't assume because then I would be making an az-out of you-and me
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
If I didn't have proof id sure as heck wouldn't assume because then I would be making an az-out of you-and me
...So, if you don't mind, may I see the proof that BH can't pay for FMS product and that they didn't nor have any intention of ordering future FMS product? That Nitroplanes used the same methodology? Also that BH will soon fold, plus a definition of what "soon" is?

Side note: you making a statement as point of fact and me asking for proof of that statement does not make an az out of me.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:30 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
Rogue to show documented fact I can't , However because I know it's true I refuse to reveal my confidential sources about this matter. even though the evidence is right in your face. All I will say is this just be patience and the truth will come out.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Rogue to show documented fact I can't , However because I know it's true I refuse to reveal my confidential sources about this matter. even though the evidence is right in your face. All I will say is this just be patience and the truth will come out.
...So what did these sources say? How soon is soon that BH will fold?

Here's another question. I rather like FMS product and I doubt I'm alone in that either. Since they are in obvious demand why can't Banana Hobby or Nitroplanes apparently make money off of them?
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:49 PM
=>] Smack 3D Head [<=
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2007
3,120 Posts
Mr. Gump it sounds like a smear campaign that you're making up as you go along. Never ordered from there so I dunno what's true but thats how it sounds
HeliSmith is offline Find More Posts by HeliSmith
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:35 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
I understand how you fell however , I said my peace lets just wait and see
Besides I have no reason to smear BH or NP both companies our victims of the current depression we are in all Pres. Obama is doing is covering up a shotgun wound with a band-aid. its all he can do believe me brother as a Finance Broker
I can tell you that the worst is about to come so please prepare store food and water and other supplies.