SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:58 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,633 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
For Sale
Brushless and Nitro RC Snowmobiles

Hi guys,
So with all of these big snowstorms going around I thought I'd post this. Some of you may have noticed my projects on RC Snowmobiles.
I buy kits from a machinest in Canada and build these awesome machines.
He also does them himself, but can be very hard to get ahold of, and is very buisy. It also costs a lot more to ship the completed sled to you from CANADA!
Just a cheapo Wal-Mart sled converted to serious brushless power!
(I can do NITRO setups TOO!)
It has a complete aluminum suspension-front and rear. Aluminum motor mount as well.
I have some nitro videos as well, check my blog or contact me.
I must note that they are out of date though, and my newest versions are much higher performance.

Has LED's all the way around for brake light, head lights, and side turning lights.

These sled can pull wheelies and top out at around 50MPH.
PM me and we can talk about what setup you would like to go with, (4 cell, 2 cell, Castle Creations, different brands, etc.)

new bright RC snowmobile brushless (6 min 38 sec)

onboard new bright snowmobile with 3 cell lipo and only 3/4 throttle (5 min 5 sec)

rc snowmobile new bright brushless (9 min 54 sec)

Can either get it in the red or yellow scheme.
All up cost (without radio system) is around $500-$600. Can be less, somtimes more. Depends on your setup.
Please note that the picture dates are incorrect.
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Feb 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:38 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,297 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
nice sled! how bout ripping through some powder??
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,633 Posts
Yep I got a video of that too!
Will update for ya.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,880 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
cool!!
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,633 Posts
rc snowmobile new bright brushless (9 min 54 sec)

Note that the vids aren't mine, just the exact same thing.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Kanahooka
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
G'day Alex

im not into snow... we are closer to a desert.... but your mobiles are amazing! Well done.
Garry Bromley is online now Find More Posts by Garry Bromley
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:37 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
756 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
That is awesome!!!!!
TheBeastTamer is offline Find More Posts by TheBeastTamer
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:47 PM
Newbie but coming on fast
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Jun 2012
143 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I want one!

This is so cool it makes me wish I lived where we got more snow every year!

Assuming these are custom made, are you using stock car/truck parts? How much is hand/home made? How long is the run time? It almost seems as though they are too light and could easily burn out the motor.
KYChopper is offline Find More Posts by KYChopper
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:37 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
wow these are definatly nice. i use to see rc snowmobile kits but they cost a small fortune. once i get the money i may decide to get one from you only a couple of changes from what ive seen. i wonder if they could handle sand in the track system. would be fun to run around the dunes with an rc snowmobile. ive been working on an rc sand rail would be nice to have an rc sled to go with it. but i gotta get my crawler going to tow them out to the beach.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:12 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,633 Posts
I think sand MIGHT work...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,633 Posts
Must note that I cannot take credit for the building of the aluminum parts, a friend built and designed them.
Videos are also his.

I mut say that I do not make much of a profit at ALL building these. MAYBE $50.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:23 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
well im gonna keep this thread so if i do get the money i might get one if they work in sand. once summer comes for you try it on a beach somewhere and see how well it works. if it works i would really be interested in getting one.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:35 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Pretty cool,I used to have a very fast 2000 artic cat 600 VEV first year they made it. I hada race company mod the engine. It was scary fast it would smoke a the first year 700 firecats or any thing for that matter in a 1000 feet run. I met a friend up at our normal drag strip on snow he was running a ski poo 800 that he though was fast till he came up against me. Iwould beat him in 1000ft run by 20 to30 sleds.My other friend had a sx 700 triple yamaha he had to put about a grand into pipes and all sorts of stuff to even stay with me. The sx yamaha dogs wouldn;t transfer the weight to the track no matter what he tried. It would just sit and spin.
A couple things I think would help your sled is softening the rear suspension so it willsquat down more in the rear transfering the weight more ontothe track. It would be a happy medium tough and you would lose some some steering, but you seam to be plowing a lot of snow making me think you could get some weight of the front and still steer. You could alsotry some lind of weight sled on a gyro so when you turn it would shift the weight onto the inside skithis would help it turn by putting more weight on the inside ski and it would help it from rolling. I wish I could afford one to play around with andd try to improve on the design. It;s pretty cool all the same. My sled had had 190 woody'ies gold diggers studs that sat the track about almost an inch off the ground when on cement.It would flip you over in a heart beat if you were not ready for it and sitting way up on the seat. I finally sold it to a friend who didn't listen to me first time he road it I told him you better hold on real tight or it will yankyou off the back. We were outon the ice and sure enough he did not listen and lucky I had a teather or the sled would have went half way across the lake. he got laughed at by me and are buddies

Here is a link to his sleds the white one is Jim's what the whole video towards the end you can see a front view of him launching. He does not drive them he is a big guy he puts a little guy on them for all the speed he can get. He holds 15 world recordsto date. I should go out tothe lake before the ice melts and get some video of him stomping so chit. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ITLezeatODg

Here is one more jim built a few years older than my cat but a whole lot more beef cakes than mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-HJH4o8vAO8
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Last edited by unclecrash; Feb 28, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:08 PM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Cool stuff those sleds move, have you done a Nitro Conversion yet if so what motor and pipe were used?? How did it perform?
Monstermanhbf is offline Find More Posts by Monstermanhbf
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:29 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
I just watched the video on the cement has pleanty of power hard tell if its squating and getting the weight transfer. I bet it would be real fun on about an inch or two of a hard pack sno. I just watched the first few runs going to watch the rest.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash