SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:44 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Discussion
A lots of questions! Mostly about TT01E

1. are there universal shocks(dampers) that works on TT01E and also will work on at least most of other brands' RC cars? Because I don't want to throw anymore money to upgrade on my TT01E, if those replacement parts will only work on TT01E.

2. There is a crack on my battery, should I be concerned about it? should it try to pull it out to its original position then use instant glue to fix it?

3. Scratches on the battery, I know now they're only minimal and barely noticeable, but there're some small rocks that already cause little tiny hole dent on the surface, should I use some sort of heavy-duty tape to protect those area?

4. Crack on the body, should I use instant glue to fix it? or should I use something softer...hum...some sort of tape?

5.Notice the bottom of chassis, for daily bashing, should I use some cover over that motor area to prevent small rocks get in to it?
lawjie is offline Find More Posts by lawjie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:11 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
1. I plan on using these http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1264 It looks like you can use them for other Tamiya cars. You might have to change the shock shafts for a different on-road car.
2. As long as no bare wires are not exposed I think you will be fine keep an eye and make sure it's not leaking.
3.You could use tape I wouldn't be to worried about it If it gets scratched up the heat shrink covering on the battery is mostly cosmetic.
4. Shoe Goo works great you can get it at Walmart or ACE pretty cheap. You could drill a small hole in front of the crack to stop it from growing.
5. You need to keep the motor area clear so the motor can run cool.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:52 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
I just looked at my TT01's and compared it to my HPI's and Traxxas cars. All the shocks are different in size and how they mount. But I could get any of the to work if I tinkered with them. The stock shocks on the TT01 are not the greatest,but they work ok with the car..
You battery will be fine.. just do what Mredzadventure said and you'll be fine..
Tape won't last on the body very long.. Sho Goo and a scrap piece of polycarbonate glued in place works great.. You can also shoo goo over fiberglass tape as well for the flexible front of the car.
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:25 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
462 Posts
Hmm you can get most TC shocks to work with the TT01, like cenracer1 said, you will have to tinker with them a bit, a lot of the higher end shocks use ballstuds ends instead of straight up screws like the ones on the TT01. If you really want to have interchangeability, you'll have to standardize the mounting method across your vehicles.

As for cracks on bodies, I use shoe goo and meshed carpet tape or drywalling tape. Don't use cyanoacrylate based instant glue/super glue, they won't last as the bonds are rigid but brittle and won't take the flexing of lexan.

The car will survive small rock/pebbles fine, if you're dead set on protecting the bottom, shoe goo on some window screen material so you'll get protection while still have the airflow for cooling.
SporadicIdiocy is offline Find More Posts by SporadicIdiocy
Last edited by SporadicIdiocy; Feb 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:02 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Thank you very mush guys! >.<!
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:25 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
so about that cracked battery, it's not working properly.
The crack on battery happened when I hit a curb very hard. After the hit, the car won't move forward under maximum forward throttle, It did move around as long as I don't hit the full throttle, with slower speed compare to before the hit. I thought it might be come issue with the car. So I got back home, lift up the car, full throttle, the wheels did move, but relatively slow/weak.

Today, I took the car out to the parking lot again. Yup, still don't move forward under full throttle, so I changed the battery to the other one with no damage. Full throttle, works great, and I notice the car moves a lot faster compare to use the cracked battery.

So...I guess...something is wrong with the battery!? so it can't provide the proper voltage?
Any suggestion! Should I take off the black sealing plastic and look inside?
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:02 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
That is what I would do. You might have a bad solder joint or a battery tab could be broken off. You may have just knocked off the the lead wire.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:56 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
I checked the battery, everything looks right visually....

Hum...the battery was fully charged 6 days before the hit, and I only played on it around 15 mins then this weird stuff happened.

Should I try to carefully recharge it?

Or should I take it to my local hobby shop, have them to look at it?
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:53 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
I would try a Charge and discharge cycle. Make sure you cover the back of that battery you don't want to short it out. Check and see if the pack is getting hot.If it is then stop. It looks good in the pictures Check for any leaking when you start charging it.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:44 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
So this is weird. I carefully charged my battery fine....I haven't test it yet but I think it will work properly now? I thought I fully charged it last time before the run...maybe i just remembered it incorrectly ...

Anyway, I was curious how was the interior of my battery looks and finally did open and know how it is inside.

Time to move on, just got my package from amainhobbies. not so fast packaging speed, but i was surprised that they used USP ground as free shipping method.

Paint paint paint+wing+drift tires. Can't wait >.<

PS: Thank you for all the helps from your guys!