HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2013, 12:30 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
516 Posts
Homemade gimbal, 46FW:
Eerste testvlucht Brushless Gimabl (3 min 21 sec)
Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2013, 01:09 PM
Joined Feb 2013
172 Posts
Very good pictures - what camera and lens - NEX5?
Jcflippen is online now Find More Posts by Jcflippen
Old Apr 02, 2013, 01:32 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
516 Posts
Most of them are EOS-M, 22mm pancake Canon. Some could be NEX and 16mm Sony pancake. Compilation of first three flights, during the flights did some adjustments and mounted a few other cams/lenses.
Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Apr 09, 2013, 04:13 AM
Joined Mar 2013
10 Posts
I am having some issues and hopefully someone could help.

I was able to connect and load the controller with v46 firmware before I got my gimbal. I got my gimbal yesterday and was trying to access and configure the controller I was not able to access.

Got the message when I try to upload the firmware again : avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. From what I have gathered, this message will appear when the software is not able to communicates with the hardware.

The GUI is reading the contoller forever.

There was no error upon connecting the controller (blue light on). Mine is allocated Com5. Everything was in default (baud in 9600 etc). I'm using Arduino 1.04. The error appears after compile completes with the Upload done message. When I try to connect using the GUI, the status is TC: Reading Values.... and nothing happens.

I had tried reinstalling the ftdi drivers. Switch to another laptop, still getting the same message.

Is there a way to RESET the controller?

Any help is appreciated.
multirotorLuc is offline Find More Posts by multirotorLuc
Old Apr 10, 2013, 04:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multirotorLuc View Post

I was able to connect and load the controller with v46 firmware before I got my gimbal. I got my gimbal yesterday and was trying to access and configure the controller I was not able to access.

Got the message when I try to upload the firmware again : avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. From what I have gathered, this message will appear when the software is not able to communicates with the hardware.

There was no error upon connecting the controller (blue light on). Mine is allocated Com5. Everything was in default (baud in 9600 etc). I'm using Arduino 1.04. The error appears after compile completes with the Upload done message. When I try to connect using the GUI, the status is TC: Reading Values.... and nothing happens.

I had tried reinstalling the ftdi drivers. Switch to another laptop, still getting the same message.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi It seems when you are were going to upload again your power connection was interupted shortly and your bootloader crashed , for this , need USBASP programming machine, and use arduino software
and choose the right programming unit under TOOL, and begin to burn.

Thanks
hdworld is offline Find More Posts by hdworld
Old Apr 11, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Mar 2013
10 Posts
I managed to use another system (macbook pro) to flash the firmware again without problem. Using v46 GUI in win7 was then able to connect to the board and simulate the IMU.

Issue now is the motor is twitching. Going to check the settings again.
multirotorLuc is offline Find More Posts by multirotorLuc
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:57 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
As for flight controller, hobby-wing has them for sale now.
Luis Benati is offline Find More Posts by Luis Benati
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Dec 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multirotorLuc View Post

Any help is appreciated.
hi,
I have exactly the same problem, like many others people since 1 week ( that weird ! )
Mine just crashed without any reason and make smoke my IMU board.
The Martinez board is working but I can't upload f0.48 again on it still the 3 flashs red led with "not in sync" error.

What did you do to make it work again ?

How do you reflash the board with the bootloader ?

plz help me
7subaru4 is offline Find More Posts by 7subaru4
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:11 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
i had to burn the bootloader to fix that sync issue with arduino. Burn Bootloader in under Tools in arduino. Since i had a socket tool for flashing escs and a usbasp, i was able to burn a new bootloader and reflash 048 firmware.

check this out
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Last edited by TheFernMan; Apr 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Apr 2011
134 Posts
Just Sharing Our German V3 Board. with alexmos Fimware. Just Having Fun,still private use only

Imu test
Alexmos Firmware on German Brushless Gimbal board. (0 min 27 sec)

Video Test

Alexmos firmware on german Board Ground video test. :) (0 min 46 sec)
louiealadph is offline Find More Posts by louiealadph
Old Apr 27, 2013, 06:06 AM
Joined Dec 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
i had to burn the bootloader to fix that sync issue with arduino. Burn Bootloader in under Tools in arduino. Since i had a socket tool for flashing escs and a usbasp, i was able to burn a new bootloader and reflash 048 firmware.

check this out
i try your solution with this USBasp AVR from hobbyking.

Its not working driver are installed but when i upload bootloader on the board with Arduino i have multiple errors !
Which USB asp avr did you use ?
7subaru4 is offline Find More Posts by 7subaru4
Old Apr 27, 2013, 06:37 AM
France, Alsace, Erstein
Joined Jul 2012
219 Posts
We had the same problem 2 days ago.
With a second USBasp we where able to flash the firmaware of the first one to avo´d this message.
But even with this message the ESC Blue series was flashed properly
Hope you have 2 USBasp by u
simiban is online now Find More Posts by simiban
Old Apr 27, 2013, 07:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I'm just curious just how trash does a design have to be to keep having all these programming problems? I mean ....
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2013, 07:09 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
I wonder too why it happens. My issue was when loading different firmware. Some people it seem to happen out of nowhere.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old May 08, 2013, 01:22 AM
Joined Feb 2013
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiealadph View Post
Just Sharing Our German V3 Board. with alexmos Fimware. Just Having Fun,still private use only
Cool stuff... mind sharing how you loaded the alexmos firmware onto the martinez v3 board?
Kaen is offline Find More Posts by Kaen