HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
[RESOLVED - FALSE ALARM] ARF shipped instead of RTF, order #29755-130217

I just received my airplanes today, and looking at the box I see that my Sky Hunter is marked with a check on the ARF instead of RTF. I have not opened anything yet, because I want to make sure I do everything right - I can even take video of the unboxing to prove what was or wasn't in there. Maybe an RTF is hiding inside that ARF box and I'll be lucky, but I'd rather play it safe.

So far I have sent emails, emailed to "Nancy" at the email address she posts often here, and I have even tried calling the phone number on my shipping label - the voice mail says to call during their business hours, which right now IS! When I called, it was approximately 4:30pm PST, and their hours say they are open until 6pm PST.

I really want to open these boxes, I have two planes and a helicopter, but I want to try and play it legit here and wait until I hear from Banana Hobby on what I need to do (such as filming the unboxing or what) to make sure I stand the best chance of getting the proper support I'm looking for. I paid for an RTF, not an ARF, and the $60 difference is not something I'll casually let slip.

Banana Hobby, if you're reading this, please contact me. I have emailed you plenty, so you should have my contact info. For reference then, here is my order number: #29755-130217
Schlauncha is offline Find More Posts by Schlauncha
Last edited by Schlauncha; Feb 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Edited title to correctly reflect outcome
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5 Posts

Here is a picture showing what I'm seeing. The suspense is killing me.

To quote Brad Pitt, "What's in the box?!?!" (hopefully something better!)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:40 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Open it while filming whats in the box, Their you'll find the truth as well as documented proof.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5 Posts
I did- and surprisingly it was RTF! Yay! Dunno, maybe they just mark all of them that way. Weird and concerning but at least it turned out for the best.

I must commend Banana Hobby for their ability to source cardboard boxes that are perfectly slip-fit over the size of the aircraft boxes. Just an amusing anecdote.

As for the aircraft (Sky Hunter) I am in amazement at the quality of the construction, layout, and even the very good manual (lots of clear steps, pictures, and well-written english). Even down to the quality of the foam molded details like vents for the electronics, I feel like this would be the sort of airplane I would have designed if that was my task. I just very much agree with its design. Very excited to get it out and start flying.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:10 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
I just received my Sky Hunter last Tuesday and I had the same problem lol. My box was marked ATF as well as the interior box. I called the phone number and luckily I didn’t have to wait but about 5 minutes before someone picked up and asked me to open it while on the phone and sure enough inside was a RTF model. I did have a broken transmitter but I will not even bother trying to get them to replace that. Also did you receive a wall charger for your plane? I was under the assumption that one came with it.
jpgetter is offline Find More Posts by jpgetter
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:43 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Banana Slobby Strikes Again

8 Days ago I decided to give them one more shot ,so I order a fuselage for my F4 Phantom . And that's all I wanna say about that.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jun 06, 2013, 07:22 AM
Germany, BW, BŲblingen
Joined Mar 2011
21 Posts
Any Sky Hunter Comments

I'm interested to know if you have any good nuggets on the Sky Hunter assembly or flying. Mine should be here any day now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlauncha View Post
I did- and surprisingly it was RTF! Yay! Dunno, maybe they just mark all of them that way. Weird and concerning but at least it turned out for the best.

I must commend Banana Hobby for their ability to source cardboard boxes that are perfectly slip-fit over the size of the aircraft boxes. Just an amusing anecdote.

As for the aircraft (Sky Hunter) I am in amazement at the quality of the construction, layout, and even the very good manual (lots of clear steps, pictures, and well-written english). Even down to the quality of the foam molded details like vents for the electronics, I feel like this would be the sort of airplane I would have designed if that was my task. I just very much agree with its design. Very excited to get it out and start flying.
ScottyDz is offline Find More Posts by ScottyDz
Old Jun 06, 2013, 02:48 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlauncha View Post

I'm glad that the radio system and the batteries were included in the box.
Majority of the aircraft that we do have available here at our facility are ARF; therefore, to make them an RTF, the box would have to be opened and the parts would then be placed inside, thus, it would be why the shipping box would have ARF marked instead of RTF. - Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Jun 06, 2013, 02:50 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgetter View Post
I just received my Sky Hunter last Tuesday and I had the same problem lol. My box was marked ATF as well as the interior box. I called the phone number and luckily I didnít have to wait but about 5 minutes before someone picked up and asked me to open it while on the phone and sure enough inside was a RTF model. I did have a broken transmitter but I will not even bother trying to get them to replace that. Also did you receive a wall charger for your plane? I was under the assumption that one came with it.
Good afternoon jpgetter.

I'm sorry to hear that the radio system arrived damaged. May I have your order number so that I can look further into the issue please? If possible, can you attach a photo of the transmitter on this thread or you can email them directly to me at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com and I will be more than happy to assist you in obtaining a replacement. - Nancy
Old Jun 06, 2013, 02:51 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
8 Days ago I decided to give them one more shot ,so I order a fuselage for my F4 Phantom . And that's all I wanna say about that.
Hello Forrest Gump 23.

I have checked our records but was unable to pull up an order under your name for the F4 Phantom fuselage. You had mentioned that 8 days ago, you had placed the order; therefore, may I please have the order number so that I can look further into it? - Nancy