HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:40 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,263 Posts
Discussion
Nitroplanes Website Crashes My Computer and Mobile Phone

I can hardly load the home pages for Nitroplanes and Hobbypartz. I know I don't have the newest computer, but I don't have these issues on other websites. I assume it is because of all the graphics and photos that get added to the web pages.

Also, I have the same issues on my smarty pants phone. Any way that these websites be made more mobile friendly?

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:31 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
355 Posts
I just tried the website on both Firefox and Chrome and the website is loading find. I also tried it on my phone and it's also working fine. I know that the IT team was working on a mobile version of the website but it's still in the testing phase.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
I just tried the website on both Firefox and Chrome and the website is loading find. I also tried it on my phone and it's also working fine. I know that the IT team was working on a mobile version of the website but it's still in the testing phase.

-Charlie
I have a 5 year old WinXP machine with IE8 and the pages eventually load, but it is so slow I guess I am due for an upgrade

Hopefully your mobile version is ready soon!

Kman
Old May 03, 2013, 09:26 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2010
2 Posts
Any one has problem loading all nitroplane websites on their tablets and ipad? I do. Every time I try to load, it then default to google search engine and nothing displayed. I did try to reset my tablet and updated the flash player, but still has the same problem. Other website like Bananahobby and Hobbyking seem to be fine. Any idea.
sean_3i3 is offline Find More Posts by sean_3i3
Old May 03, 2013, 10:06 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,263 Posts
I have had that happen I my HTC phone. Don't know what causes it, but eventually it starts working again.

Their website is very graphic intensive and bandwidth intensive. Both are not good for mobile phones, tablets, and those of us with older computers.

I have resorted to creating bookmarks in my browser to certain pages on their website because navigating from their homepage usually results in browser crashes and redirects like the one you described

Kman
Old May 05, 2013, 06:12 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2010
2 Posts
Thanks for the info..are they get ahead of themselve for high intended graphics for their websites If people cannot view and shop on their mobiles, they will loose some of the market. My Samsung tablet and Ipad just get updated with current software, but still cannot load the web page...I just quit trying..
sean_3i3 is offline Find More Posts by sean_3i3
Old May 06, 2013, 03:10 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined May 2013
24 Posts
Same goes for my iphone. I thought it was just my internet connection.
DeSong is offline Find More Posts by DeSong
Old May 13, 2013, 01:35 AM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,181 Posts
Nitroplanes and hobbypartz both use Yahoo storefronts. For years Yahoo has had trouble resolving to some ISP DNS servers.

You could try a public dns server to see if it resolves the issue. Try opendns.com

You may need some help changing dns servers.
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck