HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
26 Posts
Help!
Solidworks to step file.

I am designing a frame for a multicopter in Autodesk Inventor, and somewhere on the forum i downloaded this DJI F450 arm only it is a Solidworks file (.SLDPRT). I have try'd multiple ways of converting this to something usefull in Inventor, like .STEP, but nothing worked.

Is there someone that can open this in Solidworks and save this as a .STEP for me?

That would be awesome.
Thomas.
(sorry for my crappy english..)
Thomasvijf is offline Find More Posts by Thomasvijf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:41 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Joined Jul 2003
1,431 Posts
Gave it a shot in a couple of different STEP formats. (AP203 and AP214)

Hope this helps,

Jimmy
jtprouty is offline Find More Posts by jtprouty
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:59 AM
Crash=change of flying medium
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,359 Posts
I'm using Autodesk Inventor 2013 and it opens SLDPRT files made in SolidWorks 2010 without any problems. The parametrization is, of course, lost and the imported part is just a dumb solid...
Let me know if the parts in the previous post don't work and I'll convert your file into something else.

Boris
bluesky123 is offline Find More Posts by bluesky123
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtprouty View Post
Gave it a shot in a couple of different STEP formats. (AP203 and AP214)

Hope this helps,

Jimmy
Thanks man! Is there any difference in the 2 files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky123 View Post
I'm using Autodesk Inventor 2013 and it opens SLDPRT files made in SolidWorks 2010 without any problems. The parametrization is, of course, lost and the imported part is just a dumb solid...
Let me know if the parts in the previous post don't work and I'll convert your file into something else.

Boris
I have Inventor 2012 and when i try to open the SLDPRT file it gives me some error that it is made in a version that is not supported. Im happy with the "dumb solid"

Thanks all!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:27 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Joined Jul 2003
1,431 Posts
Unfortunately, I have no idea what the difference in the files is. That are the two options for saving it as a STEP file and I did them both hoping one of them would work for you.

Cheers,

Jimmy
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:47 PM
Joined Aug 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtprouty View Post
Unfortunately, I have no idea what the difference in the files is. That are the two options for saving it as a STEP file and I did them both hoping one of them would work for you.

Cheers,

Jimmy
They both worked. Thank you so much again.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:58 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Joined Jul 2003
1,431 Posts
Glad I could help! I'm in the process of learning how to use SW and will be using it for CNC work in the near future.

Cheers,

Jimmmy