SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:06 PM
Iceland, Capital Region, Reykjavik
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Discussion
Traxxas summit equivalent?

Hi!

New(ish) to the hobby and just "found" out about the Traxxas summit after seeing this video and well.. Fell in love with the car until I saw the price tag and that it doesn't come as a kit, I couldn't find the kit atleast.

SO my question is, is there a kit-car which has similar features lockable differential, +5 girl picking up skills and waterproof etc..? but isn't as expensive. Or is there a kit I could buy and slowly upgrade it to the summit's glory? NOTE I don't care about competing so the car doesn't have to be competition legal and replacement parts have to be easily accessible through the internet.
mummi is offline Find More Posts by mummi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:42 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummi View Post
Hi!

New(ish) to the hobby and just "found" out about the Traxxas summit after seeing this video and well.. Fell in love with the car until I saw the price tag and that it doesn't come as a kit, I couldn't find the kit atleast.

SO my question is, is there a kit-car which has similar features lockable differential, +5 girl picking up skills and waterproof etc..? but isn't as expensive. Or is there a kit I could buy and slowly upgrade it to the summit's glory? NOTE I don't care about competing so the car doesn't have to be competition legal and replacement parts have to be easily accessible through the internet.
There is a smaller brushless version the Summit 1/16 VXL for around $330. Google it if you are not aware.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Mar 01, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
There is a smaller brushless version the Summit 1/16 VXL for around $330. Google it if you are not aware.
I did know about the 1/16 one, I was looking for a 1/10 rival of the summit and also a kit not fond of the RTR thingy.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:53 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
I don't think there's anything else on the market like the Summit. There's rock crawlers that are kind of similar, but they don't have remote locking diffs, etc.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined Feb 2013
25 Posts
Are you saying any off road rc that is fast and waterproof? I can tell you how to waterproof a cheap car.
jbaker22 is offline Find More Posts by jbaker22
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:53 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
The remote locking diffs and crawling and cruising ability will be hard to find in anything else.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:37 AM
oh that guy
United States, SC, Clover
Joined Sep 2012
229 Posts
The summit is pretty much a 1 of a kind rc. 2 speed with remote locking diffs is pretty much unheard of in any other platform.
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:45 AM
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance View Post
The summit is pretty much a 1 of a kind rc. 2 speed with remote locking diffs is pretty much unheard of in any other platform.
jeah... seems so the 2 speed gearbox can you switch gears on the move or do you only do that while idling?