SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BD Murdock, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:33 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Discussion
Fixed Wing...

I've tried a fixed wing once. Very simple Airhogs Hawkeye plane. It worked for about 10 minutes then just stopped. It was a present from my daughters so it was a bit disappointing, mostly to them. I took it back for a refund and spent it on a V929. Have never looked at any fixed wing seriously since. Just seems too boring to me. I do like the look of some of the scale stuff, WWII fighters especially and some of the jets are pretty cool. Problem is airspace. With my quads, I can fly in a bedroom if I want to or just outside off of the front porch. A plane of any size requires take-off and landing room. I learned to fly on helis then kinda moved to quads. Planes just don't do it for me. Maybe if I tried something small from the Parkzone ultra micro series. The Night Vapor looks kinda interesting, so does the P-51. I dunno, you guys that fly fixed wings chime in and tell me what I'm missing.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:18 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,165 Posts
Look at the Hobbyzone Champ. I have one, and even as a guy that flies tricopters and fixed wings, i love flying the thing around. It can be flown in a gym, though that can get boring. My favorite thing to do is to fly it around my front yard and do touch and goes on the short flat grass.

If you do get one, i would strongly suggest getting some bigger wheels like this: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...er-Mini/Detail

It's great fun.
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:17 AM
Do not fear my avatar ...
United States, NY, WOODHAVEN
Joined Dec 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I've tried a fixed wing once. Very simple Airhogs Hawkeye plane. It worked for about 10 minutes then just stopped. It was a present from my daughters so it was a bit disappointing, mostly to them. I took it back for a refund and spent it on a V929. Have never looked at any fixed wing seriously since. Just seems too boring to me. I do like the look of some of the scale stuff, WWII fighters especially and some of the jets are pretty cool. Problem is airspace. With my quads, I can fly in a bedroom if I want to or just outside off of the front porch. A plane of any size requires take-off and landing room. I learned to fly on helis then kinda moved to quads. Planes just don't do it for me. Maybe if I tried something small from the Parkzone ultra micro series. The Night Vapor looks kinda interesting, so does the P-51. I dunno, you guys that fly fixed wings chime in and tell me what I'm missing.
I try to avoid things that require forward velocity to fly. Makes crashing less catastrophic. LOL
elburromjf is offline Find More Posts by elburromjf