Is It Me Or Has Nitroplanes Lost Its Mojo

The title says it all just want to hear from others
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:14 PM
United States, GA, Douglasville
Joined Apr 2012
176 Posts
I agree. This time last year, I would check the website everyday for exciting plane specials or new models (back in the Airfield/FMS days), or new videos. After BH got all the cool foam warbirds, things changed. They have some new 1400mm warbirds so they may be trying to turn things around. If they really wanted to turn a corner, offer 1600 mm foam warbirds at the same price (which is really up there). That would make a statement.
Olearsenewbie is offline Find More Posts by Olearsenewbie
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
All it seems their specials are are just regularly priced models on the same page. I remember last summer they had some nice dynam planes for like $110 shipped as a special, now that is a sale!
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:52 PM
Electric Flyer
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2003
430 Posts
I've been a long time customer and haven't had one single complaint but lately all I see is "out of stock" items. I have no hobby shops anywhere near me so I have to shop online and NitroPlanes has always been great.

I hope the negative comments I've been reading aren't a sign of things to come.
rms59 is offline Find More Posts by rms59
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:14 AM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Jul 2012
524 Posts
I think it started happening a year or so ago. Had previously bought many products from both nitro and hobbypartz, then bought a TechOne Extra 330 ARF that was advertised - both on the box label and Nitros description as coming with an AT tiger motor, well it came with an AS tiger motor. The AS is an economy motor vs the AT being a high end motor as such the AS cost about half of what the AT cost. I contacted them and never did resolve the problem. The Extra has the AS motor in it. Many others were having the same thing happening to them. All NP had to do was refund the difference in cost, change the add, and then lower the selling price accordingly. But they did not do any of those. After that I started buying elsewhere. I did however watch for sales on Kits and recently bought 3 TechOne aircraft for a good price, which arrived quickly and with no probs. I have not had any probs at HP so continue buying there. But now HP is out of stock on nearly all batts, and have been for some time which is a bummer as I've bought nearly all of my batts from them.
comanch is offline Find More Posts by comanch