HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Terry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,731 Posts
Thank you Terry. I am sure it wouldn't be too hard for them to roll that back unless they deleted the code. It would also be noce to not have to see the annoying banner saying I need to change style because I am still using the classic style
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:44 PM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,464 Posts
I don't like it where you can't see how many views on an attachment. Can that be changed back or set as preference?
Barn-E-Stormer is online now Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:16 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
The site has a more modern feel to it now. I really enjoy the updates, Thank you RCGroups

Dave
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:38 PM
Self confessed Aeroholic
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn-E-Stormer View Post
I don't like it where you can't see how many views on an attachment. Can that be changed back or set as preference?
I'm able to open the image/attachment and see the "view" count there if that helps any.
D.
Larrikin is online now Find More Posts by Larrikin
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:49 PM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,056 Posts
Terry, how about the possibility to see all the videos in a thread just like we can see all the files or picture under thread tools. Any possibility of doing this?
gadorey is online now Find More Posts by gadorey
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:04 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Woodstock,Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel View Post
Don't click directly on the image. Instead click within the box surrounding the image. The image will then enlarge.
I discovered this about 5 minutes before I read your post. I had been clicking on the image. Clicking on the description below the image works great!

Now I'm happy again!!

Buddy
Buddy Roos is offline Find More Posts by Buddy Roos
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:18 PM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Roos View Post
With the old version, I could just click on an image to get a larger image. It appears that now I have to click on View All Images, find the image I want to enlarge, click on it to bring it up and then click on it again to get a larger image of the original photo. It's so much trouble that I have given up on trying to view larger images.

Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacob7 View Post
Ditto with Buddy Roos:
With the old version, I could just click on an image to get a larger image. It appears that now I have to click on View All Images, find the image I want to enlarge, click on it to bring it up and then click on it again to get a larger image of the original photo. It's so much trouble that I have given up on trying to view larger images.
That is supposed to work the old way. What browsers are you using?
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:31 PM
Fremont, CA
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jan 2009
1,619 Posts
I'm using IE9
djacob7 is offline Find More Posts by djacob7
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:55 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,578 Posts
Form over function failure?

I don't like the Log in 'drops down' and the reduced functionality/performance caused by it.

Logging in now takes much longer, as the 'drop down' seems to have a very low priority on the page and I have to wait until the entire page has loaded - animated adverts and all - before it will actually drop down. I'm on a 20Meg connection, so I assume people on a slower one have an even longer wait. Repeatedly clicking on it for about 10 seconds produces no response. Then it doesn't just drop down, it expands out until it is usable, wasting more time to look 'pretty'. The 'old way' seemed faster, even if it wasn't - although I think it was.

Previously to get to my blog, I just clicked on my name. Now I have to click on the 'drop down' and select 'My Blog'. I'm not convinced adding an extra step can be considered an improvement.

I regularly go to My Blog to select 'All posts by me' so I can go to the last threads I posted in to see any responses before I wander around others I'm subscribed to, so that extra step gets annoying. It's even more annoying when I consider the only reason I'm waiting is because someone thought I'd like to see an animation of a box opening up . In Windows you can turn all that stuff off and I do. Life's too short.

To be constructive: If you can't scrap the 'drop down' entirely (fervent hope), how about separating the name from the 'down arrow' so clicking on the name still takes you to the Blog directly and improve the priority of the 'drop down' so it works immediately it is clicked on?
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Last edited by Brandigan; Feb 28, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:24 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,731 Posts
Plus 1 million to you Brandigan. I agree with you whole heartedly
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:29 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
I don't like the Log in 'drops down' and the reduced functionality/performance caused by it.

Logging in now takes much longer, as the 'drop down' seems to have a very low priority on the page and I have to wait until the entire page has loaded - animated adverts and all - before it will actually drop down. I'm on a 20Meg connection, so I assume people on a slower one have an even longer wait. Repeatedly clicking on it for about 10 seconds produces no response. Then it doesn't just drop down, it expands out until it is usable, wasting more time to look 'pretty'. The 'old way' seemed faster, even if it wasn't - although I think it was.

Previously to get to my blog, I just clicked on my name. Now I have to click on the 'drop down' and select 'My Blog'. I'm not convinced adding an extra step can be considered an improvement.

I regularly go to My Blog to select 'All posts by me' so I can go to the last threads I posted in to see any responses before I wander around others I'm subscribed to, so that extra step gets annoying. It's even more annoying when I consider the only reason I'm waiting is because someone thought I'd like to see an animation of a box opening up . In Windows you can turn all that stuff off and I do. Life's too short.

To be constructive: If you can't scrap the 'drop down' entirely (fervent hope), how about separating the name from the 'down arrow' so clicking on the name still takes you to the Blog directly and improve the priority of the 'drop down' so it works immediately it is clicked on?

Switch to classic. Problem solved.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:32 AM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,243 Posts
What frustrates me, even in the previous incarnation, is that if you are on the second or other than the first page and click on a topic, when you hit the return to.. button at the end, it always returns to the first page, not the page you started from
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:06 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Switch to classic. Problem solved.
Just tried that. Wow. When was that last updated? 1998?

And it doesn't solve it, it simply avoids it. "Hey, does your car have a flat tyre? Catch the bus!"
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:26 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Just tried that. Wow. When was that last updated? 1998?

And it doesn't solve it, it simply avoids it. "Hey, does your car have a flat tyre? Catch the bus!"
I've been using it since 2009, so I'm used to it and like it.

I can click my name and it takes me directly to my blog.

Yep, Terry never misses a chance to make faces at me when I get on. I make faces back at him.

No, I'm not crazy.

microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mascot
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Apr 1996
140 Posts
Thanks for all the great input guys. I am adding them to the list of suggestions!
Terry is offline Find More Posts by Terry
Administrator