|Feb 25, 2013, 06:33 PM|
RCGroups Site Updates!
I’m excited to announce that RCGroups.com has had some major updates!
Our techs and graphic designers have been hard at work in the RCG lab to make the world’s largest and most active RC site even better.
Here is a rundown of the new features:
You may have noticed the new channels at the top of each page.
Click on these to view genre-specific RC channel pages.
Each channel has:
- cool photos
- recent videos
- popular threads
- build logs
- The navbar was redesigned in our new style.
- Any links you don’t see in the navbar can now be found in the new “More” section.
- The login form is now in a drop down menu in the navbar.
- Private Messages are denoted by an image of an envelope with green dot over it. This is found next to your user name on the user menu navbar section.
- We added our partner site, RCHeliResource.com, to the side bar.
- Now you can view daily RC heli news from our home page!
- Images and attachments can now be filtered by type (image, file, all).
- The video and image light boxes have been redesigned.
- “Show Attachments/Images in this thread” can now be grouped by date or user.
- Recent attachments page was split up into Recent Photos and Recent Files.
- Images can be filtered by type in the thread gallery and recent attachment pages.
- Our article layout has been redesigned and looks great!
- Two new article types were created: News and Review.
Here is a link to an article showing our new layout.
- The footer was changed from a four column layout to an easier-to-read six column format.
- There is now a login link in the footer.
- If you are looking for a link, the footer is a good place to start.
- The rules page received a makeover and is now split up into four tabs.
That’s a lot of updates but RCGroups strives to keep our site up-to-date and easy to use for you, our user base.
Be sure to ask any questions you have about the new updates in the Site Suggestion/Complaints forum section.
We hope you enjoy all the new additions and stay tuned for more!
|Feb 25, 2013, 09:40 PM|
Joined May 2011
What I would love to see would be a search function or similar in the thread tools that shows me all the videos in a particular thread, like we have one for pictures or files.
|Feb 25, 2013, 09:45 PM|
Would I like to see is when you are on a thread and you get a message you have to leave the thread to read it. How about a pop up page so that when your on a thread , you click the message and it pops up into other page but you dont lose the page you were on
|Feb 25, 2013, 10:22 PM|
|Feb 25, 2013, 11:56 PM|
The changes have a very nice look and feel. Is there any way that the number of views could go back on the attached photos? It is informative to see what pictures interest our fellow readers.
Now that I am looking at RCG on my lap top instead of my phone, I see that the number of views is still available. Wonderful.
|Feb 26, 2013, 12:08 AM|
United States, TX, Montgomery
Joined Aug 2006
without the use of this valuable tool.Very appreciative of all your efforts to supply it to the r/c community. Thanks again ladies and gentlemen. donnie
|Feb 26, 2013, 01:31 AM|
I find the site generally very good. I have one question. Before the recent upgrade, I was able to click my handle in the upper right to directly access my profile page. Will that shortcut be reinstated? Or perhaps a direct link from the home page to my profile is otherwise located?
Thanks for an awesome site!
Realized it's called my "blog" page. And there indeed is a direct link (now in drop-down menu at my handle).
|Feb 26, 2013, 01:48 AM|
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jan 2012
Still can. If you look where it says "welcome, username" in th upper right you can click it and it pops down a menu for your inbox of blog.
|Feb 26, 2013, 04:07 AM|
Wish List (might be too late though)
I applaud the 'New Look' of RCG and all the hard work put in by the backroom boys and girls, however there are some frustrating things about some of the larger threads.
1) It would be good if there was an Option to display the thread in a different way like some other sites or forums work
Eg: A one line description of the post
Hopefully this would allow us the user, to view heaps more of the contents of the thread on one page instead of the way it is displayed now (sometimes we dont want to read all the stuff in every post)
2) Is there a way to download a thread in CSV or Txt etc ? [enabling us to search and sort without being on-line]
Anyway, I hope this is read by the RCG 'engine room' and also trust that this is constructive.
|Feb 26, 2013, 07:13 AM|
More cosmetic changes but still no way to save draft posts, random image loading failures, no way to shrink embedded images to a useful size, no way to paste preformatted text with images like blogger. To be fair, the rcgroups engine is just a copy of vBulletin & there's not much anyone can change.
|Feb 26, 2013, 09:06 AM|
United States, PA, Columbia
Joined Jan 2009
I was wondering what was going on. I use my IPhone, mostly, until I get a new computer. I like what you have done. For me, it is a little more streamlined. Keep up the great work.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rant Vendors who do not update stock on their internet site||7oneWo1f||Vendor Talk||1||Feb 26, 2013 11:16 AM|
|Discussion NW slopers: UPDATE: Success- new DS site at Cashmere||MtnGoat||Slope||14||Mar 29, 2007 03:22 PM|
|New Creations Web Site Updated||Darwin||Electric Plane Talk||3||Jan 13, 2003 06:24 PM|
|New Updates on: Electric R/C Newsletter Site!||Sean||Electric Plane Talk||3||May 22, 2001 04:54 PM|