HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Can Multicopters Scale Up?

RCGroups user EddieWeeks wanted to find out if a tri-copter could scale up. This 13 lb. tri-copter has just over 5000 watts of brute power and seems to handle everything Eddie is throwing at it!

Splash

RCGroups.com user, EddieWeeks, tries out the "bigger is better theory."

"Starting with small 14 x 8 wood props, it almost lifted 16 lbs. (7.3 kg) on the first night of flying. It's very noisy and does not vibrate much at all. As time goes on I will be testing the efficiency of the whole system by measuring grams/watt in the hover. Once I know g/w, I will be able to calculate the proper number of batteries…all at 8S."

Join the discussion

Discussion

Closed Thread
There are no posts
Closed Thread