HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:26 AM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,833 Posts

Achiii chose a varnished version, The good thing about this is that it waterproofs the wood, But one layer adds 10g. The unvarnished versions are between 144g and 150g (last sanding is done by hand, not robot thats why there is a difference).

the unvarnished version I guess can be waterproofed with scotchguard if wanted.
ecks is offline Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined Aug 2009
213 Posts
I want one
DEBAY777 is online now Find More Posts by DEBAY777
Old Mar 01, 2013, 12:43 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,833 Posts
I shall be making another batch very soon if anyone else is interested. I need to have a look at shipping prices. Which version did you like the look of best? The matt finish is very nice, 10g lighter but no good for rain flights! (Does anyone do rain flights )
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Aug 2009
213 Posts
Dude, be creative. I like flat black myself but this is your baby. LOL. Can I ask a favor? Do you have a layout for this body design? I have access to a composite factory that can cut these out and press them. I have two test panels that I dont have the ability to cut because they are so hard. Its two layers of carbon fiber with a layer of foam sandwiched in between. Super light and God Almight its tough. You cant make it bend or break by hand.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:26 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Don't give anyone the files to your frame unless they want to pay royalties
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Last edited by tech69x; Mar 01, 2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Info
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:04 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,833 Posts
Im happy people like the design

Carbon fibre obviously is a perfect material for this hobby. But up to now I see that plywood is underused. It is great for the home builder without access to the right machinery. But the right machinery and tools takes it to a new level, for a start the material is cheaper and safer to work with.

This frame is incredibly strong, and the matt version is so nice to hold. I finally sand it down with a 320 paper and it feels like glass, the pigment then gives it the feel of bone.

I have really tried to snap one over my knee, but it just wont.

I have sent a few samples out for people to try, so await some reviews, and if people like what they hear then I will start to sell

Cam
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:18 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
685 Posts
Hi all,
good Job Esevilaa. More people here must use common RC Modeler Materials. I cant understand a long Time ago, why all will use CFK and expensive Materials.
Use Material from the good old Days, cheap and in every Stor. Good , and go for It.
Time ago, I made one from Cardboard. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1521097

So , go.................
Mike RCHHB
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:12 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,833 Posts
Thanks Mike

That cardboard frame is great! Cardboard can be strong just look at some of the furniture they produce with it.

With a nice modern designed bit of wood, something so futuristic looking such as a quadcopter, becomes a bit more..... (cant think of a word) organic comes to mind, but its not quite right.

Anyway its sat on my sideboard, and every time I see it I get the same feeling as looking at a nice car. I never get to have the best things, but to me this is the best looking quadcopter out there!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:10 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,833 Posts
I have set up a facebook page with all pics an info in one place, instead of spread over this thread.

Feel free to Like my page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ecks-f...38069529646728
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Aug 2009
213 Posts
Liked
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:24 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
..hmm saw a movie the other day made me think of a name for your next frame design lol

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308208/
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:15 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,833 Posts
3 great words in one title! I like

Sever somehow fits, however maybe not in a newbie friendly way! Sever and ballistic sound like the next design.

Another blue sky in Sweden (just woken up) thats 2 in row, and no snow on the ground. A perfect day to fly. Ill try and get one of my kids to record a video of this machine, problem is they are 3 and 5 so dont expect film quality.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:29 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Blue skies, sure... But it's windy as heck. So maybe it won't be such a good day after all. Bleh...
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:36 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,833 Posts
Ive not experienced any problem with wind yet, have you got sails on yours

Flags are hanging down here, not a breeze! Looks like summer from the inside, cold as outside though

You didnt get yours yesterday then? Probably Monday
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:32 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Alrighty, just got the package slip in the mail so I'll go pick up the frame very soon. Should be able to finish it tonight! I'm taking the KK2 board off my Bambucopter Simple Quad until I get spare parts for it (Broke an arm the other day), so I should be able to test this frame right away!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck